Endurance Test 2012

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did the competitors go at the HVCV :)

Our training I think is coming along ok, our Papillon, Malika is covering about 5k's at a speed of 10k's, hopefully she will be ready for the GSDV trial on the 23 June

Do you think she could do it M :confused:

Murve we are doing the GSDCV ET with our Min Pin, it should be alot of fun. We have trained at both 12 and 10km's per hour he is currently doing 8km's twice a week, 5km's 3 times a week and two days of just walking.

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

I am building her up M just like I did last year with our 1st :D last year was easier 'cause it was a Whippet :)

this year is our 2nd run & next year we are looking at putting through our other Whippet & Papillon :D

Sir Sniffalot it will be great to peddle with another small breed rider, Mailka paces nicely at about 10k's but starts to break into a run when we start getting upto about 11k's, we will get there :D . The weather has not been kind to us here :cry:.

In Canberra last year they had us in order of dog size but at GSDCV we were in random order. l found the Canberra one too relaxed we moved at different speeds the whole way so it was hard to get into a rythem - piled up at the hills and they were alot more relaxed about the amount of control you needed over your dog, l had a BC sitting on my rear tyre the whole way, lucky my cocker is a confident boy it didn't bother him but at GSDVC we had a big GSD if he was sitting on my tyre my gold cocker would have been stressing and no doubt his heart rate would have been up.

post-34715-0-74564300-1338338027_thumb.jpg

post-34715-0-28425700-1338338086_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

OH has done "some" practice with our Schipp for the one held by the GSDCV.

Schipp can do 12ks an hour but not sure for how many k's OH is doing in one session.

If anyone wants to do a group run around Cherry lake send ME a PM & I'll pass it onto OH (captain Corageous) sorry don't

think I spelt it correctly but you get the idea who.

Saturday or Sunday would be better for him.

Thanks

BB

Gah! I totally forgot to enter the GSD one and as its Darcys last chance (turns 8 this year) I rang the secretary and she has kindly allowed me to send in my entries still :D

Now to get myself fit enough to do it! Darcy is fine, has great endurance just got to get him used to riding beside a bike....yes I always leave things to the last minute :p

Gah! I totally forgot to enter the GSD one and as its Darcys last chance (turns 8 this year) I rang the secretary and she has kindly allowed me to send in my entries still :D

Now to get myself fit enough to do it! Darcy is fine, has great endurance just got to get him used to riding beside a bike....yes I always leave things to the last minute :p

You silly buggar Tollor, well I am glad the Secretary let you still get your entry in :)

I know the feeling of leaving things to the last min :D Pm me if you want to train together

I know right haha I knew I should have entered while I was thinking about it!

Just entered online, didn't realise you could do that so we are entered :D

Thanks will keep that in mind, have plenty of time to train as well so should be good :)

Good luck for the ET at the GSDCV. Glad you got your entries in!

M

Hi All,

entry details are available for the ET in Canberra.

2012 ENDURANCE TEST

SUNDAY 1 July 2012

ACT German Shepherd Dog Association Grounds

Exhibition Park (EPIC), Flemington Road, Mitchell ACT

Check In Time: 9.00am

Start: Test 1: 10.00am Test 2: 10.30am

Entry fee: $35.00 including catalogue and GST.

Cheques to be made payable to “Dogs ACT”

NOTE:

+ Please include height of dog on entry form.

+ Please include a 110 x 220mm self addressed envelope.

+ Please note whether the handler is competing on foot or bike.

Entries close: 22 June 2012

Entries to The Endurance Trial Manager

PO Box 815, Dickson, ACT 2602 Phone 62302494

IMPORTANT:

+ Dogs A.C.T. reserves the right to ballot entries should it be necessary.

+ ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRY FOR THE TRIAL WILL BE SENT OUT WHICH

INCLUDES THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK FOR THE VETERINARY CLEARANCE

TO BE PRESENTED ON THE DAY OF THE TRIAL.

+ Dogs participation is subject to Veterinary Clearance as per Endurance Test

rules.

+ This Test is conducted in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the

Dogs A.C.T (ACT Canine Association Inc.)

+ Bitches in Oestrum are not permitted within the Trial vicinity.All

participants must be a member of a State Controlling Body.

+ Dogs must be on collars - NO CHAINS.Refreshments are available.

+ ALL COMPETITORS COMPETING ON A BIKE ARE MANDATED TO WEARING

A SUITABLE HELMET.

Canberra puts on a great ET. Let's give them plenty of support!

M

ok guys I need some help I have lost my incentive to train our girl :( our trial is at GDSCV on the 23rd June, I need a boost, I think the shit full weather has done it not been able to get out :(

How did you go Nik??? in or out of the trial????

ok guys I need some help I have lost my incentive to train our girl :( our trial is at GDSCV on the 23rd June, I need a boost, I think the shit full weather has done it not been able to get out :(

Suck it in Princess!!! :laugh:

Dry your eyes and get out there!

On your bike!

M

:) :)

What a shame Sale is not putting one on this year, l would have given them an entry :(

I think they only got 2 entries last year, and only 6 or 7 the year before.

Too much effort t run I guess.

It is a shame.

M

Suck it in Princess!!! :laugh:

Dry your eyes and get out there!

On your bike!

M

:) :)

:rofl::rofl: I did M, after I got booted up the @@#@ by my daughter, her partner & my partner

We did 51/2 km's, Malika was so eager I think she missed it for a week gunna go again this evening :D :D