Endurance Test 2012

Guest CaptainCourageous

Remember the ET is held at an off lead dog park last year there was an off lead dog race thru the group which ended in a dog being attacked, not everyone one will move off the path to let you past or call their dog back.

My worry there is that Zig will get spooked and try to cross to the RHS of the bike.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CaptainCourageous

Sir Sniffalot I do hope they put us breed size order, the one we did last year at HVCV was in breed size order, largest to smallest :)

I hope they don't. I enjoyed being between two GSDs from the same home last year and would love that to happen again this year.

CC

Good luck everyone i just realisd our entries closed on monday so i guess i am out its ok more time to train for the september one one question though can steralised dogs do it? or must they be entire?

Good luck everyone i just realisd our entries closed on monday so i guess i am out its ok more time to train for the september one one question though can steralised dogs do it? or must they be entire?

Contact you trial secretary in person or by phone.

Most are good and will accept a late entry. It is certainly worth a try.

Sterilised dogs and entire dogs can all compete.

M

Guest CaptainCourageous

Did anyone do the Dally Club yesterday?

M

One Dally pass was announced on FB, haven't heard about any others yet.

The Dalmatian went for its regular run on the beach afterwards!

Edited by CaptainCourageous

OH hasn't done any training this past week due to bad weather & other excuses.

I too would love to see a DOLER grp photo, OH should have the camera with him.

If SnowPaws or anyone else wants to meet up at Cherry lake for practice PM me.

I too think the smaller breeds should get a big medal.

We got the vet check form today in the post.

BB

We are all the way out in the Yarra Valley so a bit far for a practice :laugh: but thank you for the offer!

We have our medical tonight in an hour :thumbsup:

Really happy with the 'boy', I was a bit worried he was getting a bit sluggish so took him out with another dog and lets say it made all the difference :rofl: I suppose doing 10 ks a day at a hard fast trot along the same path gets a bit boring. We encounterd bridges, countless bikes, horses, and dogs and he just puts his head down and goes. We have been going out wind, rain, hail and snow :eek: Suppose you will never know what the weather will bring in a couple of weeks. I am very happy with him.

Still a bit stressed about 'the test' but what do you do. Is anyone going to be at the Park on the weekend who would be happy to go through it with me?

I will make sure I bring some wine and the camera :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by SnoPaws

I tried to contact the person responsible for the GSDCV test but they haven't returned my calls. I'll try again tomorrow otherwise we'll have to wait for next year.

Abbiestar have you heard how many entries the GSCV have got for their ET?

I believe there are around 21-22 entries.

There will be two groups running.

Mr Ray Ashman will take one group, and the other will be taken by Yours Truly! :)

Good luck to all entrants.

M

I tried to contact the person responsible for the GSDCV test but they haven't returned my calls. I'll try again tomorrow otherwise we'll have to wait for next year.

Do try again. Marilyn Wrigley is the contact person. Her number is 5330 1578.

I am quite sure that if the catalogue is not complete, they may squeeze in a late entry. Let us know how you go.

M

Still a bit stressed about 'the test' but what do you do. Is anyone going to be at the Park on the weekend who would be happy to go through it with me?

Don't stress already! The willingness test is NOT an obedience test. The exercises are simple, on lead, and you can use double commands and physical assistance.

Wine and a camera is a must!

M

Finally started the min pins stuff for the willingness test today l think we will be supplementing the sit command with a hand on the bottom and his heal work with a few gentle checks, his on lead recall was great for a first attempt. We have just been so busy and obedience was never a plan. Done 8km's today l'm really looking forward to this ET just over a week to go. l think we need a little dog pic too.

We are all the way out in the Yarra Valley so a bit far for a practice :laugh: but thank you for the offer!

Really happy with the 'boy', I was a bit worried he was getting a bit sluggish so took him out with another dog and lets say it made all the difference :rofl: I suppose doing 10 ks a day at a hard fast trot along the same path gets a bit boring. We encounterd bridges, countless bikes, horses, and dogs and he just puts his head down and goes. We have been going out wind, rain, hail and snow :eek: Suppose you will never know what the weather will bring in a couple of weeks. I am very happy with him.

Hi Sno Paws I will be at the Park Sun morn, for Obed training with Westernport club, by the way do you realize there will be shows on there :( both Sat & Sun so it will be a bit hard to do some bike training with cars & trailers everywhere :(

Edited by murve

Don't stress already! The willingness test is NOT an obedience test. The exercises are simple, on lead, and you can use double commands and physical assistance.

Wine and a camera is a must!

M

Okay :laugh: :laugh:

Is 20ish a good entry?

Edited by SnoPaws

Hi Sno Paws I will be at the Park Sun morn, for Obed training with Westernport club, by the way do you realize there will be shows on there :( both Sat & Sun so it will be a bit hard to do some bike training with cars & trailers everywhere :(

Yep I know, I have four entered myself :)

I wasn't planning on bringing the bike, just wondering if anyone who had already done the test would be happy to go over the willingness test quickly with me.

Okay :laugh: :laugh:

Is 20ish a good entry?

20 is the maximum number a judge is allowed to take on an ET course, hence there being 2 judges. The field will be split between the judges into more manageable numbers.

20 is a good number. Sadly, some other clubs have run tests with just half a dozen or less.

M

Do try again. Marilyn Wrigley is the contact person. Her number is 5330 1578.

I am quite sure that if the catalogue is not complete, they may squeeze in a late entry. Let us know how you go.

M

I did mine online via their website but that was last week. It was accepted. My girl has just turned two so she is my first one for this year - all the others will go through next year :) - hope they are all running as per the calendar.

My bike has just gone in for a service & new tyres - so hopefully 9 days is enough time to keep conditioning her pads. She was a breeze the first time I had her next to the bike just like her dad :). Looking forward to it - love that circuit.