Endurance Test 2012

I am starting to actually get nervous!!

I think it is the unknown because we have never done one before and I don't know anyone else that has, so I am not sure what to expect.

you will be right, we did our 1st one last year & had fun :D we are running one of our Papillons this year,

I just looked at it as going for a ride with the dogs & friends :D

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM TRIAL SECRETARY FOR GSDCV ENDURANCE TEST

The Trial secretary has sent out an email with the Vet Check form to all entries that were submitted on line and also hard copies forwarded to those that entered via surface mail. 

If people think they have entered the GSDCV ET via the on line service but have not received the vet check form email yet , they should contact the Trial Secretary to double check that their entry has been received (they should have already received a confirmation of entry via the on line entry service, but its more that the outgoing email address might have had a problem if their inbox is full etc. Particularly those who sent surface mail - they should receive the surface mail return addressed envelope by Friday's mail).

I would hate to think that people put in all the hard work and then find that the entry wasn't received (I know they should be all looking for a response from the Trial Secretary at least 14 days out for the Vet Check form to arrive, but sometimes a reminder is necessary particularly for those who have not done an ET before and don't know about the Vet Check form).

I've received mine so we are good to go!

Started serious training today (for me) went and bought a more comfortable bike seat, felt so much better afterwards so was a very good purchase! Did 2kms today with Darcy just to get him used to the bike and distractions and me used to the new seat. Will slowly up it until we get to about 10kms, not worried about Darcy doing it, just me :laugh:

With regard to roadworthy bikes, what does this mean?

l'm really looking forward to the GSDCV ET, it was alot of fun last year and it's over before you even know it. l think we have trained for everything on course and lots of speed prep incase we have a toilet stop oh and bridges too.

l'm nervous the little man is not fit enough, l know he is l've done more work that l did with the two cockers for last years ET, l had a panic attack last night and after doing 6km's on the bike after lunch l took him out at 8.30pm and 2 degrees for a 6km walk. Spoke to the s sec tonight and all the little dogs will be together so there must be a few of us :thumbsup:

All the different things we encountered last year doing this ET so off lead dogs and rushing dogs which is easy l just have to ride down my street for that. Grass, gravel, footpaths and roads. Passing cars, kids sporting events, bridges, seagulls - my litte fella loves his birdies. Slow pace and tight turns on gravel, hills and fast pace if you have a toilet stop you need to get back into your spot before the end of the leg. Oh and going round thoes stupid wooden things to stop people driving their cars on the path.

Remember the ET is held at an off lead dog park last year there was an off lead dog race thru the group which ended in a dog being attacked, not everyone one will move off the path to let you past or call their dog back.

M I got my email & form :D

I do my training at the local footy ground, we have all the terrains covered, damm off leash dogs, considering the dogs should be on leash :eek: we go over a bridge with poles in the middle.

SS sounds good having the little ones together :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I heard it was one of the best, so looking forward too it as long as a dog doesn't try and attack mine LOL (like what happened today while riding with my old boy, he is OK though, still got some defensive moves in him)

l go round our footy grounds, ground the block and along the 4x4 tracks down by the river, it reminds me of the Canberra ET. l've done the Canberra one and the GSDCV one and l :heart: that ET so well organised too, no mucking about, they have a time keeper/ pace setter in the lead and one at the back to keep everyone together. Don't forget your poop bags. Has anyone done a list on the thread of what to bring on the day ?

My boy after doing the GSDCV ET last year

post-34715-0-84954500-1339078732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A list would be great for us newbies :)

I also have my medical form :thumbsup:

We are up to about 8-10ks at about 12ks an hour 5 times a day.

I know he is fit enough, cheeky thing isn't even panting after that. I am still worried about the 'willingness' test, I have only taught him to sit this week and well he isn't the brightest spark in the shed!!

Go the little dogs!! It is one thing doing it with a fit, healthy Sam but you little dog owners deserve an extra big medal :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A list would be great for us newbies :)

I also have my medical form :thumbsup:

We are up to about 8-10ks at about 12ks an hour 5 times a day.

I know he is fit enough, cheeky thing isn't even panting after that. I am still worried about the 'willingness' test, I have only taught him to sit this week and well he isn't the brightest spark in the shed!!

Go the little dogs!! It is one thing doing it with a fit, healthy Sam but you little dog owners deserve an extra big medal :thumbsup:

Suggestions of what to bring to the ET:

To take to the ET:

- The Dog!

- Bike (if riding)

- Helmet (if riding)

- Running shoes (if running)

- Appropriate size lead

- Cycle computer (optional)

- Cycle gloves (optional)

- Water for you and your dog

- Water bowl for dog

- Your strapper/helper

- Shade umbrella and a chair

- Spare lead and collar

- Spare bike if transport allows

- Spare helmet/safety/riding gear

To have at the start line:

- Water for you and dog

- Electrolytes or honey for dog

- Mat for dog to lie on (optional)

- Light treats for dog (optional)

- Snacks for you (optional)

And for emergencies...

- Paramedics

- Bottle of wine

From last year's thread...

M

For those entering the GSDCV test, please make a point of introducing yourselves to me prior to the test and I can explain to you exactly what is involved with the wilingness tests and the 20 circuit. Also answer any questions you may have.

And how about a group ET DOL'ers photo!

M

OH hasn't done any training this past week due to bad weather & other excuses.

I too would love to see a DOLER grp photo, OH should have the camera with him.

If SnowPaws or anyone else wants to meet up at Cherry lake for practice PM me.

I too think the smaller breeds should get a big medal.

We got the vet check form today in the post.

BB

I managed to get a groupy pic from last year with the HVCV courtesy of of the club.

Hey tollerowned I wont be training tomorrow as we will be in Bairnsdale competing in the double Obedience trial with 3 of our guys :D

the bridge I was talking about is the one that crosses over Tumuc Valley creek near the Primary school

Guest CaptainCourageous
Suggestions of what to bring to the ET:

From last year's thread...

Thought I'd seen that before. (And used it to write my own - Soothers, Benadryl for the human etc).

Cherry Lake's coming up, looking forward to it.

How did today's Dals go? I now work around the corner from Springers but haven't been there yet.

CC