Benalla Shows

almals

Yes bb you are wrong, there has NEVER been 3 rings in frount of office, i dont know what venue you are thinking about. the rings will be set up very late on thursday night as some of us have to work. the EXACT position and layout of rings will NOT be decided until the grounds are mowed thursday arvo to allow us to determine the best areas for the rings to be on,there will be a map on the frount of the kennel club building late thursday night as to the EXACT layout. as the the club has for many years put notices up reminding people that their equipment is left there at their own risk, so if, god forbid somthing does happen we,DO NOT want people blaming the kennel club.we cannot seal all entrances to the venue, as it is a public facility. as to the rings and orders, there is a typo; so this is it:

ring1 ALL weekend group 2 then 5. ring 2 ALL weekend group3. ring 3 FRIDAY group4 then group6 ring3 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY group6 then group 7. ring 4 FRIDAY group1 followed by group 7 ring 4 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY group1 followed by group 4. THERE WILL ONLY BE 4 (four) RINGS. if the committee decides that due to the heat that animals my be affected, then they may judge the group following group 1, that being, group 7 friday and group 4 saturday and sunday in ring 3, IF, that ring finishes before group1.THE ANIMALS WELFARE WILL BE THE CLUBS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ring 3 FRIDAY group4 then group6 ring3 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY group6 then group 7. ring 4 FRIDAY group1 followed by group 7 ring 4 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY group1 followed by group 4. THERE WILL ONLY BE 4 (four) RINGS. if the committee decides that due to the heat that animals my be affected, then they may judge the group following group 1, that being, group 7 friday and group 4 saturday and sunday in ring 3, IF, that ring finishes before group1.THE ANIMALS WELFARE WILL BE THE CLUBS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY

sorry to be a pain but is it definitely group 4 on first on the Friday, ie different to what it says in the Vic Dog? I am double checking as I have a physio appointment at 8.40 that morning, booked in that early cause group 4 was going to be 2nd on. I need to change my appointment if group 4 is on first.

As I said there is a typo, that is below in the judging time part. CLEARLY next to the judges name in the Vic dog it says mr r bessoff group 4 & 6 . That is the schedule, that is what we follow. So Friday group 4 FIRST Saturday and Sunday group 4 SECOND. That's it

As I said there is a typo, that is below in the judging time part. CLEARLY next to the judges name in the Vic dog it says mr r bessoff group 4 & 6 . That is the schedule, that is what we follow. So Friday group 4 FIRST Saturday and Sunday group 4 SECOND. That's it

well thank you but there is no need to get narky, I've already changed the appointment once to follow what was in Vic Dog, now I will change it again.

If you knew there was a typo why not correct it when the schedule first came out instead of waiting till the last week? :confused: I have passed the info on to the other Grp 4 people I know coming who are still under the impression Grp 4 is 2nd on, on the Friday.

Almals,

Thank you for that info. I was re thinking about the grounds last night and I was wrong in my earlier post.

In front of the office was only two rings not three and the fourth ring is usually hidden behind the ladies loos.

Yes I understand that committee may have to work on Thursday so rings wont be marked till late that day, I just thought that

since theres not much room or variation for different ring layouts each year I thought the committee MAY HAVE had an idea

which ring each grp will be in.

Fingers crossed the little Vandels will be tucked up in bed each night while we are there.

BB

well thank you but there is no need to get narky, I've already changed the appointment once to follow what was in Vic Dog, now I will change it again.

If you knew there was a typo why not correct it when the schedule first came out instead of waiting till the last week? :confused: I have passed the info on to the other Grp 4 people I know coming who are still under the impression Grp 4 is 2nd on, on the Friday.

can see why you're confused ....

yes - next to the judges name it says 4 & 6 .... BUT .. in judging order it says "6 & 4 (Friday)" ...

good to see corrections posted here and on fb etc ... hopefully no-one will miss out.

Edited by Dellcara

Benalla Kennel Club

Friday 20th January

Saturday 21st January

Grp 1 - 1 to 129

Grp 2 - 130 to 199

Grp 3 - 200 to 279

Grp 4 - 280 to 345

Grp 5 - 346 to 420

Grp 6 - 421 to 479

Grp 7 - 280 to 556

I hope that is a typo!!!

did you mean the group numbers for Gp7 are from 480 to 556 (76 entries)

and not

280 to 556 (276 entries) :eek: otherwise thats a bloody good entry for gp 7! :laugh:

Benalla Kennel Club

Friday 20th January

Saturday 21st January

Grp 1 - 1 to 129

Grp 2 - 130 to 199

Grp 3 - 200 to 279

Grp 4 - 280 to 345

Grp 5 - 346 to 420

Grp 6 - 421 to 479

Grp 7 - 280 to 556

I hope that is a typo!!!

did you mean the group numbers for Gp7 are from 480 to 556 (76 entries)

and not

280 to 556 (276 entries) :eek: otherwise thats a bloody good entry for gp 7! :laugh:

Well rebbanne accept my humble apologies , as I said if I had noticed it earlier I would have done something about it,BUT I missed it, that must have been while I was writing up entries, booking accommodation, organizing ribbons and trophies, getting the office cleaned, grass mowed, cataloge printed, numbers out, shopping done so that the exhibitors can have an enjoyable show, as you noticed that group 4 was missing, maybe a phone call for conformation, and then I would have been aware of the mistake.

BB aa I said it will be all sorted Thursday , and yes we do have an idea where the rings will be, but we will wait, as I said to see how it mows up,

Austerra thanks for pointing that out, I would love to have 276 group 7 but no such luck, we will just have to settle for the 76 entered, see omg another typo that got past me, and others, opps

Well rebbanne accept my humble apologies , as I said if I had noticed it earlier I would have done something about it,BUT I missed it, that must have been while I was writing up entries, booking accommodation, organizing ribbons and trophies, getting the office cleaned, grass mowed, cataloge printed, numbers out, shopping done so that the exhibitors can have an enjoyable show, as you noticed that group 4 was missing, maybe a phone call for conformation, and then I would have been aware of the mistake.

BB aa I said it will be all sorted Thursday , and yes we do have an idea where the rings will be, but we will wait, as I said to see how it mows up,

Austerra thanks for pointing that out, I would love to have 276 group 7 but no such luck, we will just have to settle for the 76 entered, see omg another typo that got past me, and others, opps

I will slap your wrist on Sat for the slip up's....LOL

gee you really are an inviting type aren't you. :mad

Wasn't your typo, I think edgesmum was having dig at MY typo, numbers obviously 480 to 556 for Grp 7.

I haven't entered because we had our gazebo destroyed there two years ago We found out later that it was a regular thing at this show. Yes, we left it up halfway and well secured. Lesson learnt. We never leave a gazebo up anywhere now.

Understand how much you have had to do aimals but there is no need to be so narky. The questions are reasonable and the posters are polite. As I understand your position as secretary, I would think that you either stood for the position or volunteered. If it is too much for you, perhaps see if you can get an assistant or step aside so others see your workload.

Understand how much you have had to do aimals but there is no need to be so narky. The questions are reasonable and the posters are polite. As I understand your position as secretary, I would think that you either stood for the position or volunteered. If it is too much for you, perhaps see if you can get an assistant or step aside so others see your workload.

Well said TessnSean!

Almals, I'm not having a go at you, Nobody is, BUT I am trying to suggest that you set a bomb under the butts of the other Committee members and get them to spread the load a little more evenly. You might have more time to concentrate on One thing at a time then. :shrug:

I would have thought that the WHOLE COMMITTEE would share the arrangements of organising such a show, and not have the entire workload dropped in one person's lap.

I can hear you say, 'you don't know whats involved'!! I can assure you that I do know what is involved and have organised events and functioned as Secretary of a Club for a fair few years.

When I was secretary of a Club, ALL the Committee banded together to get the jobs that needed to be done, done! and if something else needed to be collected and I was out of time, I could always delegate someone to take care of it. The Canteen Manager did their own shopping, cooking and running of the canteen. The Secretary was responsible for receipt and collation of entries and organising the catalogues, getting competitor numbers written, writing up of point score cards, sending out of marked catalogues to Governing Bodies and other such work. The Trial manager made sure lawns were done, rings were up etc, and the event ran smoothly. This is what a functioning COMMITTEE does, they work together. Mind you we ran two events at the same time, on two consecutive days, and on the same grounds, and on more than one occassion each year, with quite a few hundred entries.

We did not send out numbers either, these were collected by the competitors on the morning of the event. In SA, numbers are not sent out, they are collected along with catalogues from the Secretary's office on the morning of the show, (cutting down on 1 less job to be done) If people sent envelopes, they were merely for acknowlegement of entries.

I think Victorian Clubs should save their secretary's more work and move down this track. It is simple to do and efficient.

Just checked the weather for all 3 days. Predicting:

FRIDAY - 34C with Thunderstorms

SATURDAY - 34C Sunny

SUNDAY - 34C Sunny

Remember to pack all the 'stuff' for a warm weekend. I was very badly burned at the Lancefield cluster due to my own stupidity and don't plan a repeat of this.

Cheers

Just checked the weather for all 3 days. Predicting:

FRIDAY - 34C with Thunderstorms

SATURDAY - 34C Sunny

SUNDAY - 34C Sunny

Remember to pack all the 'stuff' for a warm weekend. I was very badly burned at the Lancefield cluster due to my own stupidity and don't plan a repeat of this.

Cheers

Thanks Bohunt..New sunscreen ready to pack.

If we were lucky enough to have a good membership, and also able body's to share the load this would be terrific. The point being made is that no matter how many "workers" you have there will always be typos, that are missing, and if others notice these they could ring to see if it has been noticed, that would be a help