Cause She's A Nice Dog

DAVERI

Just another reason why mandatory desexing for ALL pets would make this a better world...

I don't know how you would police it or make it happen but wouldn't it be great if we could...

Agree...

'Like'.

Its the enforcement that would be the hard part. But i dream of a world where not only this happens, but even dog people can understand that it makes sense.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will never stop BYB but thats not my biggest issue here.

This girl has said she has no money for a vet!

people have given her some pointers but she seems to come up with a reason why she can't do something cause she either don't want to or hasn't go the money.

someone sugested taking her temp. she can't cause she don't want to use the thermomiter 'she has and hasn't got money to buy one. the dog is a ridgeback cross she's still growing. I honestly don't think she's taking on much of what ppl are saying. if she hasn't go the money to buy a cheap thermomter than how this pups ganna get fed or mum for that.

Sorry, wasn't having a swipe at you.

Yes . . . this is wrong . .. as is all breeding that is done without the knowledge and means to do a good job raising and placing a litter of pups. I don't think anyone here supports random X-breeding, with sire determined by who can get over the fence. I guess there are a few people who don't think breeding a 'nice girl' who isn't show quality is a crime and are tired of hearing people shamed for doing so.

we will never stop BYB but thats not my biggest issue here.

This girl has said she has no money for a vet!

people have given her some pointers but she seems to come up with a reason why she can't do something cause she either don't want to or hasn't go the money.

someone sugested taking her temp. she can't cause she don't want to use the thermomiter 'she has and hasn't got money to buy one. the dog is a ridgeback cross she's still growing. I honestly don't think she's taking on much of what ppl are saying. if she hasn't go the money to buy a cheap thermomter than how this pups ganna get fed or mum for that.

Sorry, wasn't having a swipe at you.

Yes . . . this is wrong . .. as is all breeding that is done without the knowledge and means to do a good job raising and placing a litter of pups. I don't think anyone here supports random X-breeding, with sire determined by who can get over the fence. I guess there are a few people who don't think breeding a 'nice girl' who isn't show quality is a crime and are tired of hearing people shamed for doing so.

Sandgrubber, we know what you're trying to say and I think we are finally on the same page here. :)

The best dog I have ever owned was an "oops" bred dog whose mother had come into her first season and got pregnant because the owner had not got her desexed early enough. She was about 8 months old and was a ACD, she appeared to have had a liason with a Border Collie type and when I went to the farm with some Horse Club business, the owner had the pups (about 6 weeks old) in a box and said she was about to take them to a Pet Shop. This was about 16 years ago.

I had recently had two dogs as house guests for 6 months and their owner had returned from overseas and my GSD was a bit lonely since they'd left. When I looked into the box and she asked me "which one do you want"? I actually knew I could offer one of these pups a good home. No money exchanged hands and the owner was not after any money from the Pet Shop either, she had the mother desexed and just wanted to be rid of her mistake I think.

Not long after I saw ACD/Border Collie pups for $380 at the local Pet Shop (16 years ago) and this is what I object to. The ridiculous breeding of dogs for the overpriced Pet Shop market, and those who are willing to fuel this fire by suppying these pups from their pets, or cutting out teh middle man to make the whole profit themselves "because they are a nice dog".

Maggie turned out to be the smartest and most attentive dog I never paid anything for. :)