Taking Pictures Of Dogs In Blacktown Pound.

We are looking for someone to take pictures of dogs in Blacktown Pound. You don't have to be a professional just someone that is dedicated, compassionate & loves dogs. You will be out in all sorts of weather only one day of the week & you will know that you are helping these dogs to get adopted. If you think that you would enjoy this then let me know. You will be trained & shown everything you have to do. This is not a paid job it is for someone who is dedicated & just would like to help these dogs. Thanks in advance. :D

Is this for the pound or a specific rescue organisation? Will the person have to go into the kennels and get the dogs out or will the dogs be brought to them?

I ask because I've been to Blacktown and know they are short staffed and how the dogs are kept.

Is this for the pound or a specific rescue organisation? Will the person have to go into the kennels and get the dogs out or will the dogs be brought to them?

I ask because I've been to Blacktown and know they are short staffed and how the dogs are kept.

sorry clicked too soon,

Dogmad this is for the Blacktown List...they are taken then uploaded to Flickr for all rescues to see...

sorry clicked too soon,

Dogmad this is for the Blacktown List...they are taken then uploaded to Flickr for all rescues to see...

No you don't have to get any dogs out...some are already out in the exercise yards..(not that often) you take them in their kennels or wherever they are...

Lynne Thurston, who has been taking photos at Blacktown nearly every Saturday morning for over 10 years, will be leaving the area in the near future - she is looking for someone to take over this valuable work. Maybe it's a task that can be shared by several people?? Photos are then numbered by the wonderful Jan Baker, loaded into flickr, and then onto the Blacktown thread.

Is it possible to tap into a retirees network for this kind of volunteer work?

Retirees....great! I am one of those :thumbsup: but I don't have the extra time to put in here..yes Lynne Thurston has done a wonderful job & we need someone dedicated to fill her shoes....It can be done at the weekend.....but without these pixs it will be hard for the dogs & cats at BP to be seen by the rescues that can help get them adopted....

Lucky you!

I know there are retiree associations dedicated to volunteering in all manner of industries and ways and I've worked before with a group of retirees who were available for mentoring. My MIL is a member of a local group where we live who volunteer at the local community centre.

There may be groups in Western Sydney who could assist. Perhaps contacting community centres in Blacktoen LGA might unearth such a resource??

Putting this request up in the photography forum on DOL wouldn't go astray - many people do not come into rescue.

[/quote

Lynne Thurston has a couple of people already to talk to...which is great, will see if something comes from that...thanks for all your comments & help.. :)

Edited by luvinshep