$7000 Reward Offered To Return Lost Dog

Red Fox

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/reward-offered-to-return-lost-dog/story-e6frea6u-1226262764929

HOLLY Warren is so heartbroken by the disappearance of her dog that she's offering a $7000 reward.

Her "best friend" Zoe went missing from her Hawthorndene back yard four weeks ago and now Ms Warren is prepared to sell her car to raise the reward money she hopes is so generous it will reunite her with her two-year-old kelpie cross.

"I know it's a lot of money but I love my dog so much I'll do whatever it takes to get her back," said the 33-year-old office worker, who suspects her dog was stolen. "I've been so distressed, my life is in turmoil. I'm having trouble sleeping and eating and have lost 9kg in weight since she has been gone."

Ms Warren has written to vets across the state, contacted numerous councils and spent hundreds of dollars on advertisements and posters without luck.

On Sunday, January 8, Ms Warren returned from an outing to her family home and discovered Zoe, who slept with her every night, was missing.

But she found the dog's collar near the back door.

"I knew something was wrong when I pulled into the driveway - normally I can see Zoe's nose poking under the carport but this time she wasn't there," Ms Warren said. "I went out back and discovered she was missing - my heart just sank," Ms Warren said.

"Obviously someone took her because the collar was removed but Zoe is microchipped."

Ms Warren, who adopted Zoe from the RSPCA 18 months ago, says her dog may have been released as a stray after being stolen and may have been taken in by a good Samaritan.

"Or someone may have seen a new dog at their neighbour's place and recognise it as Zoe," she said.

"In a last effort to find Zoe, I have decided to offer a $7000 reward. I'm not interested in finding out who took her or why, I just want her back and I'm not asking any questions."

• Print
  • Email<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">