The Killing Of Wild Dogs?

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

Now please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm very much a city girl and know nothing of bush practices however a photo popped up in my Facebook news feed uploaded by a guy a went to school with, it was obviously one of his kills. Is this normal practice for killing wild dogs? I'm disturbed but again I'm a city girl so unaware of bush practices.

0cfce098.jpg

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.465208,153.076910

The dog wasn't killed like that, it was shot and then hung up. It is common practice to hang the cadavers up in trees or on fences but usually by the back leg.

The person who shot that dog is obviously not a professional but having said that, as dog meat is not used for any purpose it doesn't really matter how it is hung, the dogger here just throws them in the back of the ute. Station owners just want to see a body count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very common out here. And just as common to hang them on the fence. One reason being that the farmers out where I live are an easy hours drive from town, so instead of wasting time digging a mass grave or burning them, they just hang them. It also shows other farmers that the dog has been caught, and then they don't have to waste time hunting it themselves. Though it is disturbing for this person to go to the effort of impaling this dog on a post.... Bit sick really...