Greyhound Wanted (perhaps)

My friend, who I do pottery with, is seriously thinking of adopting a greyhound,

She (and her husband) have grandchildren that visit often.

The dog would be an inside dog, they have a fenced veranda, but have not put up a front or back fence yet.

The dog would be walked twice a day...my friend has a chronic bone disease and must walk to increase her muscle tone, so having a mate to walk with is a bonus.

The dog must be fine with children (the grand-kids live with family dogs) and be dog friendly.

She would prefer a bitch but made it clear that she can easily fall in love at first sight with a dog.

Can anyone suggest a likely greyhound that may do? I will email her with suggestions/photos.

Thank you :-)

Friends Of The Hound are based in northern NSW but have greys in foster care from Brisbane to Sydney.I don't know what area your friend lives in but if she goes to the website she can have a look at the available hounds.Sounds to me a grey would be perfect for them but they can also foster with the view to adopt just to see if it works for them.They will match a dog to their needs.Sorry I'm a dumbo and can't post links so just go to Friends of The Hound :o

Queensland Gap might be able to help. Not sure if the others adopt interstate. Important thing is to get a grey that has been fostered so the right match can be made.

ETA and be prepared to wait a bit for the right one :D

Edited by Rebanne