Pet Loo - Anyone Use One?

Kirty

I used to use the plastic frame with the Pee Pads but the pups always shredded the pads!!!

I recently bought the pet toilet which is essentially the same thing but has a plastic grill over the pee pad and a piece of fake grass on top. This works brilliantly except when super monster pup decides to pull the grass off. :laugh:

Problem was the grass gets smelly becuase of the urine (and any poos that stick to it because a certain little pup likes to "River Dance" on it!) and so needs rinsing off regularly and putting it back wet is not ideal. So I've solved this by buying some fake turf and cutting a few spare pieces to swap over. Nice and fresh and dry.

My sister made a larger Pet Loo for her standard Schnauzer pup and has that on her back patio and he uses it all the time. There is no lawn there so it's ideal. She got all the bits she needed at Bunnings plumbing section and saved heaps.

Edited by LizT

Smooch (Kelpie) has used one for quite a while now. I empty it every morning, spray the fake grass with a order neutralizer than wash it with the garden hose. I bought some fake grass from Bunnings, cut it to the same size and when I think I can still small it I change it over and leave the other one in the sun, normally change it about once a week. Smoochies urine does smell strong at the best of times due to his disabilities. The Reject shop have them for $30 atm.

2 of mine use them but I made my own.

Someone gave me a heap of fake grass off cuts. I used the lids off the 32 litre plastic crates that I use for cat litter trays because they don't need the lids.

Cut the fake grass to fit & turn the lid upside down & put grass on top. I have 4 trays so some can dry. I put it in the laundry sink daily, hose & pour a diluted jug of washing up liquid or soap powder over it & rinse heaps. Rinse & disinfect the tray. I have a shower attachment on the there not taps. Dries quickly outside.

Yes it can get a bit smelly. The trick is to remove poo as you see it & wash it every day.

The dogs do like it & used it all on their own.

Here' something for the market research for fake turf. OH brough me home some off cuts from a house that had some installed. It was a bit muddy as it had just been shoved into a pile of dirt. So he hosed it off and left it over the horse wash bay to dry. My arab gelding decided it looked good enough to eat and made a grab for it. When I told him off he left it only to give it another shot a few minutes later. Tasty??? I think not. :laugh:

I have one for my 2 mini schnauzers ... A home made job :)

Made out of the biggest plastic tub lid i could find .. puppy pee mats(cheap ones) .. and 1 meter of fake turf from bunnings(around $70 a meter) but i got 3 pieces that fit my lid out of 1 meter.

They do get a little smelly if not cleaned regularly and seeing as I have 3 pieces i hose the dirty one off and leave hanging out side for around 24 hours to get a good airing.

My dogs pretty much took to it straight away and will only use it when they have to which is good :)

One of my clients uses a pet loo (well their dogs do!). They initially had problems getting the dog to toilet on the loo, they would sometimes go beside it on the deck instead.

I think this can happen with vigorous circling. :)

Kirty, I use Conni Critters pads for Charli, hopefully one day she will actually work out that the open door is to go out side to toilet not just inside it on the pad. If I remove it she goes there anyway. Just pop it in the washing machine and line dry. Cheap and reuseable :thumbsup: .

Edited by Andisa

Yep, we use one but we have it on the balcony.

We just got some spare grass from Bunnings, empty the jug each day, pour some warm water over the grass in the evening to rinse through any excess pee in the grass and then remove the grass and hose it and the base down on the weekend. It only takes a few minutes a day and it tends to stay pong free.

I went away for a week and my boyfriend mentioned that he couldnt open the balony door cause it was starting to smell, he decided that my daily cleaning was too much effort and didnt do it at all. So i wouldnt recommend leaving to for more than a few days between cleaning.

Jager doesnt seem to mind using it to pee, but he does circle alot when doing #2's and sometimes ends up going off the side. But in general i am happy with it.