Canberra Royal

SwaY

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the passes are single use only passes without pass out. DG, if you don't get a pass out and you are successful on Saturday and need to go back Sunday, go to the office window and ask them for a pass for Sunday. This would also apply to breeds on Thursday where a pass is not required for entry.

Some of the passes are single use only passes without pass out. DG, if you don't get a pass out and you are successful on Saturday and need to go back Sunday, go to the office window and ask them for a pass for Sunday. This would also apply to breeds on Thursday where a pass is not required for entry.

Anita, thankyou for letting me know, I am sure it is already written up somewhere for me... I am a ghastly disaster when it comes to understanding what is written plainly.

So does anyone know if we were supposed to get a car pass and entry passes with our numbers? Like other years? I didn't get anything this year other than the breed breakdown, my number and some safety information.

I did get any passes either, but I read in the fine print that as we are on on thursday you don't need a car pass

Thanks for that, we are on Thursday and I guess I should have read the fine print LOL!

.... so.... had a nightmare last night about being at the Royal and ending up somehow involved in an unspecified serious criminal act...

Woke just as the police were arriving, I am very stressy about the whole showing thing deep down, apparently!!!

Anyone else have any entertaining dreams before showing?

I have a huge favour to ask of DOLers....

I see there are two clumbers entered... could someone please post which ones they were? :thanks: :thanks:

If you don't track it down let me know and I'll go stickybeaking... It doesn't take much incentive for me to go peeking at Clumbers... :love:

I see there are two clumbers entered... could someone please post which ones they were? :thanks: :thanks:

Usually on the first day of the Royal the catalogue is posted online. I'm sure Sway will update us when it is.

Thank you ....:thumbsup: Will keep an eye out for Sway's post :crossfingers:

If you don't track it down let me know and I'll go stickybeaking... It doesn't take much incentive for me to go peeking at Clumbers... :love:

:thumbsup: I wish we were coming but its too far when we have school the next day.... but would love to have shown with other clumbers..... :dancingelephant:

Hmmm it now looks like I will be showing my dogs in between flyball races with my mum pulling out of going. Dont laugh TOO hard when you see a muddy grotty girl with blue hair taking in the primped kelpie and Lappie in the show ring. :rofl:

Although I can hope that I havent stacked it by that point-I ALWAYS stack it at Canberra Royal! :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Jumabaar

This will be my first ever entry at the Royal - I am *thrilled* beyond measure!!!

I have made, for the last twenty years, my best efforts to at least walk past the dog rings every Royal Canberra Show - despite my poor kids' heartfelt pleas to get to the showrides ASAP!!

I have pined after each and every beautiful dog I saw, and met (briefly) some very patient, very pleasant exhibitors.

Every time I have dragged my feet through the passageways, resisting my darling offsprings' groans of boredom (and increasingly strident demands to Get To The Show Immediately), I have counted off the years until my longterm goal's target year.

That was last year.

This year, I am "dipping my toe in the water", having had two expeditions out to Specialities, and several missed shows where circumstances did not allow me to present my dogs to the judge.

And - icing on the cake - my boy is in coat (yay) and has emerged out the other side of the Teenage Monster Phase as a confident, happy little guy I am proud to have on the end of the lead.

So if I am OTT and waaaaaaay manic on Friday - please give me the benefit of the doubt, I have been building up to this day for a couple of decades, and may be a tad... enthusiastic.

Cheers - and here is hoping the weather is kind!

I'm not doing the Royal (American judge + English style dogs = nope)

But I am doing the Hound Show on Saturday arvo. Just went and tried on my new show suit and it fits perfectly :)

Looking forward to catching up with some out of state Houndees there. :)

I'm not doing the Royal (American judge + English style dogs = nope)

I'm hearing you on that one!! I'm only taking 2. But will have a few at the Hound Club show if anyone wants to pop by and say hello. :)

They don't even show blue masked fawn dogs in the USA. Clearly judges know about the difference in the standard but I reckon you're still up against it.

This will be my first ever entry at the Royal - I am *thrilled* beyond measure!!!

I have made, for the last twenty years, my best efforts to at least walk past the dog rings every Royal Canberra Show - despite my poor kids' heartfelt pleas to get to the showrides ASAP!!

I have pined after each and every beautiful dog I saw, and met (briefly) some very patient, very pleasant exhibitors.

Every time I have dragged my feet through the passageways, resisting my darling offsprings' groans of boredom (and increasingly strident demands to Get To The Show Immediately), I have counted off the years until my longterm goal's target year.

That was last year.

This year, I am "dipping my toe in the water", having had two expeditions out to Specialities, and several missed shows where circumstances did not allow me to present my dogs to the judge.

And - icing on the cake - my boy is in coat (yay) and has emerged out the other side of the Teenage Monster Phase as a confident, happy little guy I am proud to have on the end of the lead.

So if I am OTT and waaaaaaay manic on Friday - please give me the benefit of the doubt, I have been building up to this day for a couple of decades, and may be a tad... enthusiastic.

Cheers - and here is hoping the weather is kind!