Pearl

kelscats

I am constantly amazed at how forgiving and resiliant dogs are. From those first photos by Carlo to those by Kelscats now she is always looking as content and happy as she can be given her health issues. She has always seemed to have such a beautiful nature so I can't fathom why her original owners wouldn't have wanted the best for such a wonderful dog? And not only neighbours didn't do anything about her long and painful neglect neither did any visitors to that home until Carlo. That shocks me a little. I can only imagine what a horrible end she would've had if left there - probably her uterus infection would've slowly and painfully killed her.

Both of you are amazing for all the effort you have been putting in to return her to the best health possible.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am constantly amazed at how forgiving and resiliant dogs are. From those first photos by Carlo to those by Kelscats now she is always looking as content and happy as she can be given her health issues. She has always seemed to have such a beautiful nature so I can't fathom why her original owners wouldn't have wanted the best for such a wonderful dog? And not only neighbours didn't do anything about her long and painful neglect neither did any visitors to that home until Carlo. That shocks me a little. I can only imagine what a horrible end she would've had if left there - probably her uterus infection would've slowly and painfully killed her.

Both of you are amazing for all the effort you have been putting in to return her to the best health possible.

The neighbours were of the same ilk as them so it doesnt really surprise me . . .its a high poverty area of high crime rates,squalid houses inhabited by drug users . . .can you see the picture clearer? Everybody surrounding that property is only living for themselves . . .for their next fix or their next rob and bash spree.A dog isnt of any worth to them whatsoever.

I found an older chap further up the street who is reclusive and hates living there but has no other options.He told me there was a wild party at a property across from the one Pearl came from.Things got so bad with drink and drugs and in the chaos,some men took a dog and hung it to its death on the front balcony.I dont really doubt he is telling the truth and it is because of Pearl and dogs like her who havent been found yet that I have now entered rescue with a local reputable group.

When and if I come across another dog like Pearl,ill have no hesitation in getting them out of a bad situation.None whatsoever.

Im following Pearls further progress and it will be the cherry on top when she gets a DECENT home! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry yes it has been awhile since i have updated Pearl's thread.

Pearl is doing really well, she is very happy and has improved so much, she is still

going steady on her meds and her skin is improving everyday and she is now 26.5kg so

we are happy with that and hoping to keep her in that range.

Pearl loves my dogs and they all get along really well but alas she does try and eat

the cats so sometimes that makes it a bit hard here with 3 cats.

I have a wonderful home lined up for pearl with a family from Sydney that have a 12 yr old

desexed Male Bulldog and a 14 yr old Foxi and NO CATS so its pefect for her.

The family are lovely and are so excited to meet her which should be this weekend so if

all that goes well then in a couple of weeks she will be off to her new home :thumbsup:

Here are some photo's i took of Pearl half and hr ago ;)

p1-5.jpgp2-5.jpg

You can see here that her hair is growing back nicely, it's taken a long time but its getting there!

p3-4.jpgp4-3.jpg

p5-2.jpgp6-2.jpg

Oh congratulations - she is just beautiful. Her patchy coat reminds me of a westie we rehomed a couple of years ago - he had completely lost his coat on his badly infected rump - it was red raw. :eek: He went to the most brilliant home and is now unrecognisable as the underweight, scrawny, see-through coat waif he was when we first got him. So I wish a home for Pearl like we found for Eddie! :)

Thanks Guys, she is a great dog and i have enjoyed seeing her come as far as she has its been so rewarding.

Pearl still has some way to go but it won't be long now :D

Her possible new owners are coming tomorrow after lunch to meet her, im very excited and nervous for her at the

same time.

I will let everyone know how she goes after the meet and greet

Thank You all for your kind words, advice and donations over the last 2 months i hope you have all enjoyed seeing

Pearls transformation as much as i have.

Wishing the best of luck for meet & greet. I hope her future parents fall in love with her (as much as we all did on this forum)

Kudos kelscats for taking her well-being this far - she looks a million dollars thanks to you.

Fingers crossed for the very best home for our South Sea Pearl :D

Wishing the best of luck for meet & greet. I hope her future parents fall in love with her (as much as we all did on this forum)

Kudos kelscats for taking her well-being this far - she looks a million dollars thanks to you.

Fingers crossed for the very best home for our South Sea Pearl :D

Thanks Kajtek, she does look great dosen't she!

She is sooo happy aswell which is great, she actually likes going to the vet and she

is always a hit with the vet nurses and the vet so its great to have everyone behind

her and hoping she gets better.

I have been following Pearl's story for some time, and I am so happy that she is going to a loving home!

She is truly lucky to have been found and rescued by such wonderful and loving people. She looks so very happy, for probably the first time in her life, and feels loved and safe.

Her beautiful face brings tears to my eyes as she looks loved! So expressive and intelligent.

I really do hope that you two are proud of what you have done for Pearl. She has come such a long way and you really deserve to be commended.

I re-read both her threads and am having a little cry for her, as she deserves that too. I just want to smoosh her gorgeous face!

Good luck, Pearl!

My fingers are crossed for Pearl.Her eyes were always so expressive right from the first day although it took a while for happiness to come into them.Please let us know how her interview goes . . .she only takes the best applicants ;)

Pearl is important - she has made me look very differently at bulldogs :o She really has the most beautiful and honest face !

if she gets her new home, I hope her owners know of her fan club here...and maybe even join us with a few updates ???

Happiness,with a corkscrew tail....

p3-2.jpg

Damn dust in my eyes....

Edited by persephone

Pearl is important - she has made me look very differently at bulldogs :o She really has the most beautiful and honest face !

if she gets her new home, I hope her owners know of her fan club here...and maybe even join us with a few updates ???

Happiness,with a corkscrew tail....

p3-2.jpg

Damn dust in my eyes....

Thank You all for your love and support of Pearl, i will definatly be asking for updates you don't have to

worry about that! She won't be able to go to her new home today ( if they decide to adopt her ) she will be

with me for another 2 weeks at least.

Bulldogs are beautiful pets i love everything about them.

Here is a before and after picture of my girl LULU that i adopted from the pound

November 2010 in a mess. She to was used as a breeder and dumped at 6.5 yrs of age :mad

The day i got LULU she was underweight at 25kg

lulu3-2.jpg

LULU now at 32.5kg

lulu-3.jpg

Edited by kelscats

LULU is stunning :heart:

ABs are my fav dogs (I parent 3. They are such clowns.)

Thanks we think so to! She joined us when she was 6.5 yrs of age and i had a 1 yr old son

and a small dog already + 2 cats so when she just fit right in i was sooooo happy :)

PEARL HAS FOUND HER FOREVER HOME :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The family were really lovely and they loved her right from the start, she loved them aswell and was

really good when meeting them. They had a game of ball and spent time cuddling her and she enjoyed every

minute of it!

I'm very happy with her new family and i think Pearl is to.

At this stage she will be leaving me next weekend after she has been to the vet through the week.