How Do You Prepare For The "what Ifs"?

DogsAndTheMob

A few years ago I experienced the trauma of being unexpectedly cut off from home (and my dogs) by flood water for 48 hours. So the current weather predictions prompted me to ensure that I have neighbours' phone numbers listed in my mobile. After that time, I always ensure that my animals have access to at least 3 days worth of drinking water.

How do other people prepare for the unexpected?

We can be flooded in quite easily during the wet, so far we have managed to always have one person either at home when there is high risk, or someone has been able to get home even if it is by boat.

:laugh:

I certainly hope we are never in a position of that not being the case, regardless, I am anal about ensuring that all animal water is fresh and full and that every one has access to safe areas or are contained in safe areas if we are experiencing bad weather and leave home for any reason.

We have like minded friends close by so everyone keeps in touch during risky periods.

I have the best neighbours in the world and have their numbers programmed into my mobile phone.

Last year I found myself hospitalised twice (Pancreatitis and Colitis), and my neighbour happily looked after my dogs for me - even though it's a fiddly job due to not allowing Zeddy and Trouble to be together because they fight. Pickles runs fine with both.

If I were to be out of action and unable to care for my babies for more than a few days, my friend runs a rescue with kennels that my dogs can go stay at - and she also knows the issue between Trouble and Zeddy so wouldn't let them run together.

T.

It does depend if the animals are inside or out, if they are indoors, don't forget someone will need a key, same for if you have locked gates, so your ICE contact should ideally have a key.

I remember there was a sign you could get to notify emergency services if there are pets inside your house. I think it was more for in case of a fire though. Would the SES rescue little doggies if they were notified (flood etc)?