A Callout For Rescue Groups In The Ipswich Region Qld

Hi all,

Just looking for expressions of interest for any other rescue groups that are willing to work with AWL QLD at the Ipswich City Council Pound.

We are looking for reptuable groups that are interested in receiving a list of dogs or cats that will be available to rescue, and take any they can. We already work with some great rescues, but the time has come to spread the word a little more. More information regarding costs(if any), council/AWLQLD rescue protocol etc will be available upon application at this stage.

AWL QLD is going great guns since taking over management of animals at Ipswich pound. We have rehomed many animals, and are setting up some great relationships with local groups and businesses. But we can always do more.

If you think you can help out at all, please PM me, and I will fill you in. Please let me know if you rescue specific breeds, if you have a website, foster carer network etc.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi all,

Just looking for expressions of interest for any other rescue groups that are willing to work with AWL QLD at the Ipswich City Council Pound.

We are looking for reptuable groups that are interested in receiving a list of dogs or cats that will be available to rescue, and take any they can. We already work with some great rescues, but the time has come to spread the word a little more. More information regarding costs(if any), council/AWLQLD rescue protocol etc will be available upon application at this stage.

AWL QLD is going great guns since taking over management of animals at Ipswich pound. We have rehomed many animals, and are setting up some great relationships with local groups and businesses. But we can always do more.

If you think you can help out at all, please PM me, and I will fill you in. Please let me know if you rescue specific breeds, if you have a website, foster carer network etc.

Thank you so much in advance!

Great Work!! :thumbsup:

Fantastic news Keiko!

Do you know if Best Friends Rescue and Little Paws Kitten Rescue are already linked in? If not I can pass the word on to them. Also Australian Working Dog Rescue Inc don't seem to be on DOL of late but would be interested, so again, if Di from AWDRI isn't on your list of rescue groups you already deal with let me know and I'll pass the info on to her.

Thank you all so far...

Puppy Sniffer: If you could ask Best Friends if they would like to receive the rescue list that would be great(we have done one or two saves with them but I don't think they are officially on board yet).

If Little Paws would like to help out too that would be amazing!

Hi, I’m from Best Friends Rescue. I think we have had one dog released to us towards the end of last year but we haven’t been involved in any formal capacity to date. If you could PM me further details, we’d be very keen to discuss extending the relationship further :) Thank you.

Do you contact breed specific rescues?

We certainly do Sheridan! Often we are so busy, it is hard to search for them all in one place(apart from DOL) and it will depend on which staff member is doing the searching (ams knows this from experience!) So I am putting the call out so we can have some regular contacts available for the common breeds we see in here. As you can probably guess, they are bullbreeds, working dogs, a mix of both, and surprisingly small fluffies and mini foxies.

I think you have all my details (Arctic Breed Rescue) from when you've dealt with me in the past, but if there's anything else you need, just pm me. We'll take on Huskies, Malamutes, Samoyeds, Akitas and their crosses :)

Just realised how long it's been since I've been on DOL...I'm a couple of dogs short in my signature lol :laugh:

Thanks Tigerlily, yes I have all your details thanks! How is your latest going?

We certainly do Sheridan! Often we are so busy, it is hard to search for them all in one place(apart from DOL)

The Dogs Qld magazine for its members used to have a page on which was listed all the breed rescues with contact details. I'm not a member but someone gave me a photocopy of that page. However, over the years, it went out of date.

I don't know if they still publish such a list, but it was jolly useful.

We certainly do Sheridan! Often we are so busy, it is hard to search for them all in one place(apart from DOL)

The Dogs Qld magazine for its members used to have a page on which was listed all the breed rescues with contact details. I'm not a member but someone gave me a photocopy of that page. However, over the years, it went out of date.

I don't know if they still publish such a list, but it was jolly useful.

Was that breed clubs, Mita?

Was that breed clubs, Mita?

There were 3 lists, Sheridan. Breed Clubs, Social Breed Clubs & Breed Rescues. They were published at the back of the magazine.

I had the Breed Rescues list (a contact person & a phone no were given).

My photocopy went out of date as rescues, contacts & phone numbers changed.

Edited by mita