Choking Dog Saves It's Own Life!

k9angel

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/13284207/choking-dog-saves-its-own-life/

A dog choking on a phone cord has saved its own life by dialling emergency services.

George the basset hound knocked his owner's home phone to the ground and was playing with it when it wrapped around his neck, The Sun reports.

As the cord wrapped tighter around his neck, a panicked George managed to accidentally dial 999 – the number for British emergency services.

Alarmed by the heavy panting on the other end of the line, police officers were immediately sent around to the West Yorkshire home.

Just as police were preparing to kick in the door and save the life of the clearly very unwell person on the other side, a neighbour, Paul, produced a key.

Paul had been given the key by George's 18-year-old owner, Lydia, so he could feed the basset hound while she went to work as a waitress.

Bursting in to the home, they were greeted by the sight of George, struggling to breathe with the phone cord around his neck.

Speaking to The Sun, Paul said police thought they were responding to a genuine emergency.

"The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill.

I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking.

He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself.

I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.

Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life.

When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing."

George's owner Lydia was amazed when she came home to discover the fuss her pet pooch had caused.

"He's not usually very smart", She said, "He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks."

What are the chances of that happening? :eek:

I am glad he was able to be saved in time. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest Arcane

cordless phones are useless when the power is out. I always keep an old corded phone to drag out when we have a blackout.

cordless phones are useless when the power is out. I always keep an old corded phone to drag out when we have a blackout.

Thanks for that info...... :eek: I hadn't even thought of that since I got my cordless phone but then again I have the mobile.....ummmm how would I charge it.....OK off to dig out a phone with cord. :D

George is a very smart boy and I am so glad he was saved.

I agree, you should always have a corded phone as a stand by when the electricity goes off, or the stupid cordless one stops working. Actually I prefer the corded ones, except you can't use them if you aren't in the room, only down side.

I am so glad that clever doggy saved his life. :thumbsup: