Ad I Saw... Isn't This Illegal?

Well as a non-rescue person, I can say my response as an owner would be to sue to hell and back any rescue organisation or individual that took my dogs in without taking them to the pound for proper processing so I could find them.

It isn't likely they will ever be in that situation but if somehow the worst happened and they did get loose, and they were stolen like that, I'd pursue every legal remedy available. That is seriously evil s**t to do to someone who has lost an animal.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a non-rescue person, I can say my response as an owner would be to sue to hell and back any rescue organisation or individual that took my dogs in without taking them to the pound for proper processing so I could find them.

It isn't likely they will ever be in that situation but if somehow the worst happened and they did get loose, and they were stolen like that, I'd pursue every legal remedy available. That is seriously evil s**t to do to someone who has lost an animal.

"like".... this is exactly what I would do if my dog ended up with a rescue org instead of being taken to a vet clinic or a pound!!! I would be calling the police immediately and reporting it and then ensuring they are never able to do this to someone again...

"like".... this is exactly what I would do if my dog ended up with a rescue org instead of being taken to a vet clinic or a pound!!! I would be calling the police immediately and reporting it and then ensuring they are never able to do this to someone again...

Yep me too.

I am truly appalled by everything that has happened in the last 24 hrs.

The slandering and the lies that have been told are woeful! Darren you are a real piece of work. You have accused Jaimi, Carol and myself of things that simply are not true, and the rest of you on in this forum have been gullible enough to believe everything that has been said.

Carol and Jaimi made the mistake of advertising that they could help people who had strays get them into a rescue group (NOT Jaimis rescue group) but other groups and you have taken such an innocent mistake and turned into something that it is not and never was. How many of you have taken in strays or know of others that have? I see it all the time on FB. Im not about to mention names, god forbid should you treat these people the same way you have us. Everyday Vets put calls out to rescue groups to take in strays that have been handed into them maybe you would all like to slander them too. You obviously had Carol and Jaimis phone numbers yet not once did any of you call to let them know that advertising to help with stray animals was wrong, not once! instead you've gone off on this rampage. Hell, one of you even had a friend call Carol and try to set her up with a false story of a stray dog....WTF?

All of you in this forum have been involved in rescue for a very long time I would think that you would be more mentors than linch mobs. I think you should all take a bloody good look at yourselves and the way you treat others.

Oh and Darren, I did not liken the keeping of strays to OL, you are a blatant liar. You are the disgusting excuse for a human being, not my daughter. You have the hide to compare us with PR, I'm finding it very hard to see the difference between you and MN atm..

Just in case any of you want to discuss this matter further or maybe hear the other side before passing judgement here is my phone number 0423108466, feel free to call anytime, I'm sure I wont hear from any of you as you all like to sit on your pedestals behind fake names and bitch about others.

I am truly appalled by everything that has happened in the last 24 hrs.

The slandering and the lies that have been told are woeful! Darren you are a real piece of work. You have accused Jaimi, Carol and myself of things that simply are not true, and the rest of you on in this forum have been gullible enough to believe everything that has been said.

Carol and Jaimi made the mistake of advertising that they could help people who had strays get them into a rescue group (NOT Jaimis rescue group) but other groups and you have taken such an innocent mistake and turned into something that it is not and never was. How many of you have taken in strays or know of others that have? I see it all the time on FB. Im not about to mention names, god forbid should you treat these people the same way you have us. Everyday Vets put calls out to rescue groups to take in strays that have been handed into them maybe you would all like to slander them too. You obviously had Carol and Jaimis phone numbers yet not once did any of you call to let them know that advertising to help with stray animals was wrong, not once! instead you've gone off on this rampage. Hell, one of you even had a friend call Carol and try to set her up with a false story of a stray dog....WTF?

All of you in this forum have been involved in rescue for a very long time I would think that you would be more mentors than linch mobs. I think you should all take a bloody good look at yourselves and the way you treat others.

Oh and Darren, I did not liken the keeping of strays to OL, you are a blatant liar. You are the disgusting excuse for a human being, not my daughter. You have the hide to compare us with PR, I'm finding it very hard to see the difference between you and MN atm..

Just in case any of you want to discuss this matter further or maybe hear the other side before passing judgement here is my phone number 0423108466, feel free to call anytime, I'm sure I wont hear from any of you as you all like to sit on your pedestals behind fake names and bitch about others.

Of course we will - this isnt personal - its about anyone taking strays and not doing the right thing with them .Im sure now you get it was not the right thing to do you wont do it again and you will advise anyone else to do the same.

Problem solved. Move on.

Steve,

Of course it is personal, are you serious? we are being trashed all over FB and DOLS for a stupid mistake made by 2 innocent girls who wanted to help any way they could.

Dont tell me to moove on, I have had to watch this shit go on for the last 24 hrs I have a right to have my say.

Steve,

Of course it is personal, are you serious? we are being trashed all over FB and DOLS for a stupid mistake made by 2 innocent girls who wanted to help any way they could.

Dont tell me to moove on, I have had to watch this shit go on for the last 24 hrs I have a right to have my say.

Somebody allowed those 'girls' to post under the banner of your rescue.

If you care about the reputation of your group you will control your group's communication properly in future and act with some professionalism. Your group, your reputation. Be responsible.

appalling behavior! you don't even know what happened. You going off someones lies! the only mistake they don't was to advertise to help people who had strays by putting them onto another rescue group. What is so appalling about that? It was an honest mistake. Why couldn't one of you contact them and politely let them know that what they were doing was wrong instead of slandering them all over the place, that is appalling behavior.

"Stupid mistake"?? I think not... at least one of those "girls" had full knowledge that all strays MUST be handed in to the pound more than 12 months ago. Claiming ignorance after the fact is no excuse under the law - it won't float in any court in this country if one is prosecuted for inciting an illegal act.

You can have your say all over the internet, but it still won't make you right... *grin*

As for "personal"... who was it that started throwing people's names about? Oh, that's right, the person who has tried to incite other illegal acts before this current faux pas...

T.

You obviously had Carol and Jaimis phone numbers yet not once did any of you call to let them know that advertising to help with stray animals was wrong, not once! instead you've gone off on this rampage. Hell, one of you even had a friend call Carol and try to set her up with a false story of a stray dog....WTF?

Err the foul mouth 'girl' would have said f^@# off and hang up - she can not handle conflict.

Can't be a mentor to the 'girls' who know it all!!

appalling behavior! you don't even know what happened. You going off someones lies! the only mistake they don't was to advertise to help people who had strays by putting them onto another rescue group. What is so appalling about that? It was an honest mistake. Why couldn't one of you contact them and politely let them know that what they were doing was wrong instead of slandering them all over the place, that is appalling behavior.

Whether the mistake was due to dishonesty or just stupidity, there is no defence. Nobody has been slandered (until you started posting names here). And I have no reason to believe that tdierdkx would be lying to us.

We get that you are angry, but seriously, just learn from it. You seem to be underestimating the seriousness of breaking this law. That law is there to protect people like us. People that love their dogs.

"Stupid mistake"?? I think not... at least one of those "girls" had full knowledge that all strays MUST be handed in to the pound more than 12 months ago. Claiming ignorance after the fact is no excuse under the law - it won't float in any court in this country if one is prosecuted for inciting an illegal act.

You can have your say all over the internet, but it still won't make you right... *grin*

As for "personal"... who was it that started throwing people's names about? Oh, that's right, the person who has tried to incite other illegal acts before this current faux pas...

T.

my number is 0423108466

This is not a dating forum

oh lillypilly, thats so funny...lmao.

you are all so 'full of bravado hiding behind fake names.

You want to believe the worst then so be it.

I have wasted enough of my precious time on this and will not give any of you any more.

I am leaving now knowing that you will continue to bitch and slander behind our backs and that when you find someone else to bitch about and slander you will have forgotten about us.

Edited by SueanneH

Steve,

Well it certainly isnt personal in my case and I can see it was a mistake - what comes next is up to you.