Introducing Bart

Well we went to a pound yesterday to check out a 3 month staffy cross that had been found wandering. He is quite a handful but already has made himself at home. The cats seem a little bemused with his antics and the boys seem to like him

Here is a couple of pictures, taken with the phone so prob not the best

Meet Bart

post-33232-0-25783900-1333691388_thumb.jpg

He certainly doesn't need any rabbit ears that's for sure

Are ears like paws? The bigger they are the bigger the dog will grow :laugh: hope not otherwise he is gonna be biiig

ETA another photo

post-33232-0-56530400-1333942163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hollys mummy

Puppy ears are too cool for school... they seem to have minds of their own at times... lol!

...and he also has the cutest eyes... they seem to be saying "stop with the camera thing and just give me cuddles!"

T.

Hi HM, how is Bart going?:)

Harley, sorry it has taken a while to reply been flat out setting up a new office we are opening Monday for my work.

Bart has settled really well, getting used to his crate which we are only using for meals and sleeping, although we did put him in there for a time out the other night cause he and Dexter were doing mad crazy zoomies in the house.

He has had a collar on no problems but haven't had time this week to introduce him to a leash - and we start puppy school tomorrow, think that's gonna be FUN!!! :D

Barts toilet training is going real well, he has started going on command and can last all night (hope I haven't jinxed myself here)

Will try and get some new photos this weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Bart is going really well, thank you for asking Harley

He has started puppy school, been two weeks now and he is doing really well, had some great play time with a little lab boy last week and was totally appropriate in his greeting of another dog and in playing :thumbsup:

Bart's toilet training is also going really well, we havent had an accident inside for a few days now. He is still getting used to the crate, only every now and then will he have a little cry when he goes to bed and I think thats cause he can still here us doing things but he does settle! He is also learning that he doesnt get cuddles or any attention until he is sitting so he is getting pretty good at sitting at your feet looking up with his big eyes wanting cuddles

He did manage to get up onto our kitchen bench last week, we think he chased one of the cats up there, and he managed to knock off a couple of plates and cups that were broken. Luckily no-one was hurt by the broken crockery but it was a mess thats for sure, papers everywhere from my desk as well. He has since been banned from any furniture at all without permission and he is responding well to that (we also removed any access he had for climbing up as well)

post-33232-0-34359600-1335402817_thumb.jpg

One with him letting it all hang out

post-33232-0-09382100-1335402836_thumb.jpg