Groomers Comp Livestream

smisch

http://www.livestream.com/piaa

For Anyone interested I know of atleast one DOLer entered in the Handstip class lol and its not me :laugh: Im going down as a cheer squad for a few people! Cant wait to see the pros in action!!!

Pretty sure it'll be starting about 9am.. Will update down there as soon as we know anything!

Edited by smisch

How did anyone g?! I can't stream on my iPad :(. Love to watch any clips though :)

We don't start until tomorrow :) car is packed and dog is as ready as she will ever be lmao.. Watch out for a pink grooming table lol

Pink grooming table = a bit of a pain.. It was a little unstable.. But in the end held up well

There were 6 Or so this morning can't remember now lol!!

He got 1st in the Novice Handstrip, Micah was a bit of a turd but she looked fantastic compared to when she started.. Will add photos later.. They're kicking off breed scizzor and freestyle at about 130.. The boss is in with her poodle :)

It's been a long day but so worth it!!

Can't see pink? Watch..why are they all lakies, welsh and wire foxies?! Lol no one went a cairn, Scottie or Westie??! ;)

Miss moo it depends you need a dog with 6-8 weeks growth proved difficult we were lucky the lady who owns our girls sire had one

Links for anyone interested - the whole classes again

Terriers & More Part 1 - Darkrai is number N1 - only male, pink grooming table and the scruffiest Lakie ever (she's not ours LOL)

http://livestre.am/1nZdT

Terrier & More Part 2 - Including presentation and some odd feed footage with me in it.. go figure lol we just all pissed ourselves laughing at it :rofl:

http://livestre.am/1nZmP

Breed Scissor and Freestyle Part 2 - Dunno why but there is no part 1

http://livestre.am/1nZSN

Enjoy it guys, Im off to see the poodle class tomorrow and he's off to work :rofl: doesnt life suck lol!! Cheering on his Boss since he cant make it!

Ok watch some.

What are the rules, are you allowed thinning shears and scissors for some parts? Are you allowed to use any tools? Do you have to belong to a grooming centre to do these comps? What is the time frame allowed to get it done?

Ok watch some.

What are the rules, are you allowed thinning shears and scissors for some parts? Are you allowed to use any tools? Do you have to belong to a grooming centre to do these comps? What is the time frame allowed to get it done?

Miss moo as far as I know there are different rules for each class as to what you can and can't use, like hand strip you can't use clippers or you have time deducted, the time is worked out by what skill your doing and how big the dog is. Like for instance Darkrai had 2 hours to handstrip micah as she was 14inches and under if she was bigger then 16inches he would have had 2.25hrs

Most of these people own their own salon or work in a salon but anyone who registers to be a member of PIAA can do a groom, not 100% sure on that though as everyone there yesterday was a groomer or a learning groomer.. Theres different qualifications as to what class your in.. Next comp Darkrai will be in Open as he has won at novice level..

Lol I'm considering learning how to do my own dog and doing a comp.. Hehehehe I can do a gooooood lowchen well show prep anyway lol!!

I got too lazy today to travel back to syd so I'm now watching the poodles from the comfort of my bed! 10:30 start they should be amazing.. Then it's groomers best in show :D where the. Best in group winners of each class go for best in show and the winer of that takes $1000

So there will be the best terrier, best Gundog, best breed scissor, best freestyle and best poodle..

1334615039[/url]' post='5801745']
1334583993[/url]' post='5801652']

Ok watch some.

Miss moo as far as I know there are different rules for each class as to what you can and can't use, like hand strip you can't use clippers or you have time deducted, the time is worked out by what skill your doing and how big the dog is. Like for instance Darkrai had 2 hours to handstrip micah as she was 14inches and under if she was bigger then 16inches he would have had 2.25hrs

Most of these people own their own salon or work in a salon but anyone who registers to be a member of PIAA can do a groom, not 100% sure on that though as everyone there yesterday was a groomer or a learning groomer.. Theres different qualifications as to what class your in.. Next comp Darkrai will be in Open as he has won at novice level..

Lol I'm considering learning how to do my own dog and doing a comp.. Hehehehe I can do a gooooood lowchen well show prep anyway lol!!

I got too lazy today to travel back to syd so I'm now watching the poodles from the comfort of my bed! 10:30 start they should be amazing.. Then it's groomers best in show :D where the. Best in group winners of each class go for best in show and the winer of that takes $1000

So there will be the best terrier, best Gundog, best breed scissor, best freestyle and best poodle..

I've been trying to with but not much happening?