Aussie Bulldogs

dee_alz22

I have owned two Aussie Bulldogs, one I got in 2000, and they were going before this. I got my female from Pip Nobes one of the original founders of this breed.

From what I last heard they were just coming into 6th generation Aussie Bulldogs, they might have surpassed this by now. Yes you get papers, that state everything on it that you get with ANKC papers do, so a pedigree name and 3 generations of family, just not recognised by the ANKC. They come in standard and miniature sizes.

They are a fantastic breed, and wonderful to own, but very powerful and they don't know their own strength.

Lynn

Unfortunately this 'breed' is tarnished by the infighting and the other so called original founder who is a deadset lunatic.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

•This site was created for pure bred dog discussion (ANKC recognised breeds)

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here.

4. No promotion of cross breeds and/or un-necessary cross breed discussion

This site has nothing against cross breeds (most of us have had one at some stage in our life), however we are against the promotion of them as being superior to the purebred dog and people cashing in on the 'designer dog' craze.

We also ask that you refrain from unnecessary designer dog discussion. (ie discussion that has no real purpose other than to express dismay at the latest 'cross breed' you saw (or read about)). Sure, we all know they are out there, but we prefer to concentrate on discussing the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised breeds). Also no 'What Breeds are in my Dog' type discussion.

Well the rules are clear.

No elevation of non ANKC breeds and no moral exhortation or excoriation of them either.

Careful Steve! :(

There are many questions surrounding the development of 'new breeds' and answers are also needed to explain the disasters that have and are occurring.

But this is not the place.

Basically, there is enough going on with ANKC breeds without adding the political armageddon that would ensue.

If people don't have the foresight to understand that, then let them be condemned and removed from the forum.

Personally, it seems to me that the Australian Bosdog looks destined to be a success.

But the developers were either very lucky or highly skilled.

And this point is paramount.

Those trying to develop the Labradoodle are obviously not lucky and very poorly skilled.

What this suggests to me is that people who desire to develop new breeds need to be qualified, certified and given legal sanction.

But that's another story and is not for here.

Regards.

This is a little on the pathetic side isnt it? Careful steve? frown.gif

At no point what ever in this discussion have I in any way elevated, promoted or said a single thing which remotely says Im happy with what they do or otherwise. I havent said its a good or a bad thing and I have never said that any breed or breed in development is better than an ANKC recognised one. I have never even seen an Aussie Bulldog.

Someone came in and asked a question - I answered it truthfully and said I think its funny that we cant discuss the Aussie Bulldog or the Australasian Bosdog on this forum until such time as it becomes recognised by the ANKC .

Tralee - Its really nice that you have enough education and knowledge of the details, skill level and politics of the breeders of this breed in all three groups to determine that they are more skilled or more lucky than some other group of people you have determined don't cut the grade which surely you must have studied to make such an assertion but take note it is you who is discussing this and - you who has elevated one breed in development over one other - not me.You who has introduced a designer dog "breed" for the want of a better word into the mix.

For people to slap me around because I said I think its funny that we have to wait for 15 years to talk about this is called bullying but you're right its not funny - its sad that your level of education on what is really going on in the Aussie Bulldog breed - including how they are beating the hell out of each other which threatens any chance of them making it ever to a breed recognition situation,includes the fact that some of them refuse to go with a name change and refuse to ever even consider potential ANKC breed recognition wont be discussed. I would think knowledge of this would bring into question many agreeing with your judgement of skill level or luckiness which you have determined they have in greater abundance to another group of dis organised individuals who breed designer dogs and far removed from what these guys are doing anyway.It means the differences in sub groups and the true state of affairs,problems that have to be faced and considered in breeds as they evolve will not be known by those who come here to learn.

This in my opinion is a missed opportunity for people to learn and understand what really is happening in the real world and how to determine whether they should consider purchasing one of these dogs from one group or one breeder or another and what the risk factors are - perhaps if there could be a discussion the outcome would be to ensure that people saw why they should also wait 15 years to consider a breed but, this is none of my business past being a forum member and having the audacity to say I thought something was funny please don't make out that it is. I couldn't care less if this is never discussed here or anywhere. If people want to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend its not happening,never learn of anything past their own small circle and assumptions and push for everyone else to remain as ignorant as they are on any subject so be it.

Is there a reason why they're calling them Bosdogs? Is that to get away from the generic bulldog types?

Awful name isn't it. I am NOT calling my lot Boss-Dogs :laugh:

If I am not mistaken, the name was changed to comply with the ANKC new breed regulation - a name cannot be a combination of names of registered breeds.

Unfortunately this 'breed' is tarnished by the infighting and the other so called original founder who is a deadset lunatic.

Hopefully things will be very different in 15 or so years.

Edited by Kajtek

I am also curious to know why Bosdog was chosen and also why 'Aussie' is stuck in front of it as though it's supposed to ring a the bell of patriotism. Bosdog seems a bit random, though it's certainly better than Steve's other crossbreed of choice's name: the Aussie Cobbadog.

I have no objection to talking about non-ANKC breeds because there are many: here (such as the Murray River) and overseas (such as the kerry beagle, which is only recognised by the IKC). Nor do I object to breeds in development being discussed. It seems a bit dumb to exclude these and I say this with all the snootiness of the purebred dog snob.

Edited by Sheridan

I just had an argument with my sister about aussie bulldogs, I said that are not a recognised breed in aus and shes argued that they are coz her friend has bought one and it has papers blah blah, so someone please put the argument right?

Thanks!

This not an ANKC recognised breed. They can not be shown any ANKC show.

Such a shame people are being told that they are a registered breed.

Not recognised by the ANKC but that doesn't mean they are not registered and their breeders are not registered breeders.

Just means its not done through the ANKC.

They still have shows,its just that their shows are not sanctioned by the ANKC- they still have a code of conduct and they still have a registry to keep stud records of their dogs.

There are several breeds and or breeds in development in the same position and many of them never want ANKC recognition as they believe that it would be detrimental for their breeds.

Some are working toward one day asking for ANKC recognition.

Mini Foxie is a prime example.

I think the OP's question was answered in full.

Steve, the issue of breeds in development was initiated by that early post.

Apart from the rules not permitting pointed retorts using the term 'you' the issue of cross breeds, designer dogs and breeds in development is closed here.

The armegeddon that would ensue, is inadvertantly refered to in the reference made to the active politics currently behind the Australian Bulldog.

Quite simply, and you must allow me to say this without personal or public recrimination, the history of the Labradoodle is nothing short of a herculean tragedy.

The "breed" should be disbanded and discarded.

But of course, there are vested interests, and lobbyists that provide support.

There are questions about who these people are and what they stand to gain.

To spell it out, it is on a par with puppyfarming.

That is the public perception, because that is the state of affairs.

The project has been irreparably damaged and is untenable.

I have nothing against dogs, and dogs in development but it seems to me that we have got the cart before the horse.

As I said, developing new breeds needs much more independent and authoritive scutiny and must be taken out of the hands of .... well, hicks and yokels.

Nothing remains hidden.

I don't think it will be necessary for Julian Assange to bring to light the sordid details of what is behind the current fiasco called 'breeds in development.'

As a rejoinder: I have acknowledged that it can be done humanly, morally and ethically but that is not the current perception.

Respectfully Yours

PW

Edited by Tralee

Tralee, you make such sweeping statements. What do you know about the‘politics’ of these clubs? How can you possibly judge their specific strategies, plans and politics without having the full picture?

IMO, it is far better for these clubs to strive for the ANKC recognition. Having a new breed registered is an arduous path - that’s a good thing! ANKC should be commended for foreseeing that new breeds will be created and kindly providing a path for those who wish to become recognized.

I am proud to parent 3 Australian Bulldogs and they came from an exemplary breeder.

I really do not care if one calls them mutts, cross-breeds, abominations or fiasco as long as in 5-6 years I can still buy a dog that has the looks and the temperament of the dogs I currently own.

Edited by Kajtek

I can still buy a dog that has the looks and the temperament of the dogs I currently own.

Do they all have similar traits like a pedigree? If so what are they? I am curious to know more. I am a sucker for anything boofy and pudgy faced. :)

Tralee, you make such sweeping statements.

What do you know about the‘politics’ of these clubs?

How can you possibly judge their specific strategies, plans and politics without having the full picture?

IMO, it is far better for these clubs to strive for the ANKC recognition.

Having a new breed registered is an arduous path - that’s a good thing!

ANKC should be commended for foreseeing that new breeds will be created and kindly providing a path for those who wish to become recognized.

I am proud to parent 3 Australian Bulldogs and they came from an exemplary breeder.

I really do not care if you call them mutts, cross-breeds, abominations or fiasco as long as in 5-6 years I can still buy a dog that has the looks and the temperament of the dogs I currently own.

I am simply a humble witness and guardian.

Jumping to conclusions is a bit hasty.

And you should not put words in my mouth or second guess my thoughts.

I said nothing against any of the dogs.

I certainly did not call them any of the things you have.

I have only criticised the motives and the processes involved.

And my aim is not to promote the discussion as it has not been condoned.

On the contrary, it has been censured.

It would be helpful if people remember that irrespective of the types of dogs they have.

Px

I can still buy a dog that has the looks and the temperament of the dogs I currently own.

Do they all have similar traits like a pedigree? If so what are they? I am curious to know more. I am a sucker for anything boofy and pudgy faced. :)

Mine do. They have different ancestry and come from the same breeder.

I will send you a few pics :)

I really do not care if one calls them mutts, cross-breeds, abominations or fiasco as long as in 5-6 years I can still buy a dog that has the looks and the temperament of the dogs I currently own.

I certainly did not call them any of the things you have.

My apology Tralee. You did not. I have now corrected my post

I just had an argument with my sister about aussie bulldogs, I said that are not a recognised breed in aus and shes argued that they are coz her friend has bought one and it has papers blah blah, so someone please put the argument right?

Thanks!

Not recognised by the ANKC but that doesn't mean they are not registered and their breeders are not registered breeders.

They still have shows,its just that their shows are not sanctioned by the ANKC- they still have a code of conduct and they still have a registry to keep stud records of their dogs.

There are several breeds and or breeds in development in the same position and many of them never want ANKC recognition as they believe that it would be detrimental for their breeds.

Apart from the rules not permitting pointed retorts using the term 'you' the issue of cross breeds, designer dogs and breeds in development is closed here.

The armegeddon that would ensue, is inadvertantly refered to in the reference made to the active politics currently behind the Australian Bulldog.

Quite simply, and you must allow me to say this without personal or public recrimination, the history of the Labradoodle is nothing short of a herculean tragedy.

I have nothing against dogs, and dogs in development but it seems to me that we have got the cart before the horse.

As I said, developing new breeds needs much more independent and authoritive scutiny and must be taken out of the hands of .... well, hicks and yokels.

Nothing remains hidden.

I don't think it will be necessary for Julian Assange to bring to light the sordid details of what is behind the current fiasco called 'breeds in development.'

As a rejoinder: I have acknowledged that it can be done humanly, morally and ethically but that is not the current perception.

Respectfully Yours

PW

Oh I get it - Oakway said they are not a registered breed and we were all supposed to pretend the question had been answered even though they are a registered breed but they use another registry with pedigrees registered with a different registry rather than the ANKC because they cant use the ANKC one for 15 years.

I will remember that in future and try to maintain the conspiracy of secrecy.

I am also curious to know why Bosdog was chosen and also why 'Aussie' is stuck in front of it as though it's supposed to ring a the bell of patriotism. Bosdog seems a bit random, though it's certainly better than Steve's other crossbreed of choice's name: the Aussie Cobbadog.

I have no objection to talking about non-ANKC breeds because there are many: here (such as the Murray River) and overseas (such as the kerry beagle, which is only recognised by the IKC). Nor do I object to breeds in development being discussed. It seems a bit dumb to exclude these and I say this with all the snootiness of the purebred dog snob.

Steve does not have a cross breed of choice.

The Australasian Bosdog had a name change to comply with what they will need to address when they come to recognition as per the rulings via the ANKC. If they didn't do it now they would have had to do it somewhere along the line in order to comply with the eligibility criteria for breed recognition.

The people who have been breeding these dogs have split into different groups because some didn't agree with what some others felt was was best for the future of the breed.

This is normal in all breeds in the early stages which have no outside arms length breed registry and is common for breeds trying to work toward one day being reconised as an established breed in this country. As a result one - possibly two of these groups will always be breeding Aussie Bulldogs,with diminished foundation stock and not Bosdogs and one of them will never ever seek ANKC recognition. Each is evolving to have their own criteria for testing breeding stock and what dogs can be used to infuse the gene pools etc. In my opinion one is head and shoulders over the others and that has nothing to do with potential application for ANKC recognition.

Time will tell which one - if any - survives and time will also tell if any ever do decide to apply for ANKC breed recognition because even the ones who changed their name have said the name was changed "in case " in years to come they wanted to apply for ANKC recognition.

Thanks!

Nothing remains hidden.

As a rejoinder: I have acknowledged that it can be done humanely, morally and ethically but that is not the current perception.

Respectfully Yours

PW

Oh I get it - Oakway said they are not a registered breed and we were all supposed to pretend the question had been answered even though they are a registered breed but they use another registry with pedigrees registered with a different registry rather than the ANKC because they cant use the ANKC one for 15 years.

I will remember that in future and try to maintain the conspiracy of secrecy.

Well you should get it because you answered the question yourself.

Why you are up in arms with me is incomprehensible.

Perhaps, vested interests, advocacy and lobbying was a bit sharp for you but they are on other registries.

I have no emotional interest in any of it.

My concerns are simple.

Natural justice for the dogs.

I don't like the way people are going about this business, I question the support given to them, and I decry their utility.

I reiterate: I have acknowledged that it can be done humanely, morally and ethically but that is not the current perception.

So shoot me, but I am just the messenger although I am not alone.

Regards

Edited by Tralee

Steve, on 27 April 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Yeah you have to wait about 15 years before they are actually officially recognised by the ANKC before you are supposed to mention them here

If you wanted to set up a forum about non ANKC recognised breeds and move your discussion to there then I'm sure some people would happily follow you.....

A

Have you been nominated the forum police?

Well you should get it because you answered the question yourself.

Why you are up in arms with me is incomprehensible.

Perhaps, vested interests, advocacy and lobbying was a bit sharp for you but they are on other registries.

I have no emotional interest in any of it.

My concerns are simple.

Natural justice for the dogs.

I don't like the way people are going about this business, I question the support given to them, and I decry their utility.

I reiterate: I have acknowledged that it can be done humanely, morally and ethically but that is not the current perception.

So shoot me, but I am just the messenger although I am not alone.

Regards

You are just too clever for me Tralee - I got what I was saying but didn't understand why you felt it your position to warn me or give a purple face because I couldnt see that what I said should be an issue - after all I didnt give any indication as to whether I agreed or not about what was the truth of the matter with Aussie bull dogs. I didn't get why someone would tell me to start my own forum or chastise me for biting the hand that fed me because I thought it was funny that we cant speak of these things until they become recognised.

Clever will do thanks Steve.

I'm not cleverer than anybody.

I return you to my post.

The purple face comment was a stand alone comment to you.

I know how passionate you feel about what you do.

The rest was to the other posters particularly the OP who should not have posted in the first place.

Having said that I feel a vacuum over this issue and it does need to be thrashed out.

Ignorance is not good but it can't be avoided when everything is done clandestinely.

•This site was created for pure bred dog discussion (ANKC recognised breeds)

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here.

4. No promotion of cross breeds and/or un-necessary cross breed discussion

This site has nothing against cross breeds (most of us have had one at some stage in our life), however we are against the promotion of them as being superior to the purebred dog and people cashing in on the 'designer dog' craze.

We also ask that you refrain from unnecessary designer dog discussion. (ie discussion that has no real purpose other than to express dismay at the latest 'cross breed' you saw (or read about)). Sure, we all know they are out there, but we prefer to concentrate on discussing the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised breeds). Also no 'What Breeds are in my Dog' type discussion.

Well the rules are clear.

No elevation of non ANKC breeds and no moral exhortation or excoriation of them either.

Careful Steve! :(

There are many questions surrounding the development of 'new breeds' and answers are also needed to explain the disasters that have and are occurring.

But this is not the place.

Basically, there is enough going on with ANKC breeds without adding the political armageddon that would ensue.

If people don't have the foresight to understand that, then let them be condemned and removed from the forum.

Personally, it seems to me that the Australian Bosdog looks destined to be a success.

But the developers were either very lucky or highly skilled.

And this point is paramount.

Those trying to develop the Labradoodle are obviously not lucky and very poorly skilled.

What this suggests to me is that people who desire to develop new breeds need to be qualified, certified and given legal sanction.

But that's another story and is not for here.

Regards.

Clever will do thanks Steve.

I'm not cleverer than anybody.

I return you to my post.

The purple face comment was a stand alone comment to you.

I know how passionate you feel about what you do.

The rest was to the other posters particularly the OP who should not have posted in the first place.

Having said that I feel a vacuum over this issue and it does need to be thrashed out.

Ignorance is not good but it can't be avoided when everything is done clandestinely.

You're right I am passionate about what I do - however I'm not convinced that what I do is what you think I do.

Part of my passion is doing what is best for the dogs and people feeling free and safe without ridicule or bullying to be able to challenge and debate and learn and teach. To agree to disagree and thrash things out without being bullied or castigated because you came at something from a different perspective. Dogz used to do that and I and many others learned more than I could ever say from it. Many great things started from it, many fantastic relationships were born from it and many dogs benefited from it.