Pug Or Boston Terrier

Alibi

I have been researching the next dog to add to the family and am stuck on either a pug or boston terrier. Does anyone have any experience with the bostons? There seems to be alot of conflicting info on them about how they are with other dogs, some say great alot says not so great. My sister has a 2.5kg very sweet chihuahua that the pup would be baby sat with some of the time so it has to be dependable with other dogs and preferably other animals.

I will be seeing some bostons on saturday to actually meet in real life and get a better feel for them but any info would be great!

The girl pictured below is my second Boston. Shes only 5 months old and is typical of what I've learnt and experienced with the breed. VERY VERY energetic, VERY VERY funny and full of personality. Extremely agile, VERY clever and a bloody handful. She does 'bully runs' - goes nuts when she does. You can't help but laugh your heart out at her. I dont think the cats think much of it though :rofl:. Coincidentally, we also have a Chihuahua. The Boston is too much for the Chi. Shes just so full on when shes awake and just wants to play and play and play with the Chi. The Chi is playful enough and would love to get into it....but the Bossie is just a bit too much for her. Got to say that I know this is just because shes so young and full of beans and as she matures her and the Chi will get a lot closer and play...but she needs to grow up a bit and get the 'zing' out of her system.

I've had a few different breeds over the years...I love my Bullies..but I got to say I've never seen a more funnier dog than a Boston. They're just chock full of personality.

564045_3638277358144_1310558094_3457928_1768081387_n.jpg

554287_3638337519648_1310558094_3457954_975107397_n.jpg

From the one I know well I'd say a Boston!!! My OH's sister has one which we babysit regularly. He has the most amazing personality and is so so friendly. He loves my dogs and fits right in.

Best of all he doesn't seem to shed much hair :thumbsup:

Bossies don't shed much at all. And yep..they are just SO funny..!

Bostons are also rare so that should be factored in IMO - you might be waiting a loooooong time (years?). Worth it if that is what you want

You dont have to wait years but you will have to pay a fair bit. What you need to do if you want one is ring around, ring around some more, establish relationships with breeders and do some homework. This little girl above, from the time we started calling around to the time we brought her home...probably about 6 weeks.

:laugh: The antics you have described perfectly fit the description of our 5 months old Cavalier. She was the only pup in the litter and I swear she has the personality and energy of six pups!! :) She exhausts me and the other dogs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been researching the next dog to add to the family and am stuck on either a pug or boston terrier. Does anyone have any experience with the bostons? There seems to be alot of conflicting info on them about how they are with other dogs, some say great alot says not so great. My sister has a 2.5kg very sweet chihuahua that the pup would be baby sat with some of the time so it has to be dependable with other dogs and preferably other animals.

I will be seeing some bostons on saturday to actually meet in real life and get a better feel for them but any info would be great!

The girl pictured below is my second Boston. Shes only 5 months old and is typical of what I've learnt and experienced with the breed. VERY VERY energetic, VERY VERY funny and full of personality. Extremely agile, VERY clever and a bloody handful. She does 'bully runs' - goes nuts when she does. You can't help but laugh your heart out at her. I dont think the cats think much of it though :rofl:. Coincidentally, we also have a Chihuahua. The Boston is too much for the Chi. Shes just so full on when shes awake and just wants to play and play and play with the Chi. The Chi is playful enough and would love to get into it....but the Bossie is just a bit too much for her. Got to say that I know this is just because shes so young and full of beans and as she matures her and the Chi will get a lot closer and play...but she needs to grow up a bit and get the 'zing' out of her system.

I've had a few different breeds over the years...I love my Bullies..but I got to say I've never seen a more funnier dog than a Boston. They're just chock full of personality.

From the one I know well I'd say a Boston!!! My OH's sister has one which we babysit regularly. He has the most amazing personality and is so so friendly. He loves my dogs and fits right in.

Bostons are also rare so that should be factored in IMO - you might be waiting a loooooong time (years?). Worth it if that is what you want

You dont have to wait years but you will have to pay a fair bit. What you need to do if you want one is ring around, ring around some more, establish relationships with breeders and do some homework. This little girl above, from the time we started calling around to the time we brought her home...probably about 6 weeks.

:laugh: The antics you have described perfectly fit the description of our 5 months old Cavalier. She was the only pup in the litter and I swear she has the personality and energy of six pups!! :) She exhausts me and the other dogs.

Christ..Im going to sound like Ive got every breed known to man (but we've only got three..lol)..YES, out third is a Cavalier..and absolutely no comparison, even though the Cavvy is slightly mad too...

Christ..Im going to sound like Ive got every breed known to man (but we've only got three..lol)..YES, out third is a Cavalier..and absolutely no comparison, even though the Cavvy is slightly mad too...

Yes, my other Cavvies are "slightly" mad...this little girl is completely nutso. :laugh:

We all fell in love with "Georgia" in "Hotel for Dogs".

• 3 months later...

It turns out im now going to be a griffon mum :thumbsup: After soooo much thinking i just decided i would go see visit the different breeds and fell in love with the griffons. I have another 5 and a bit weeks till i pick my pup up and the wait is killing me.

It turns out im now going to be a griffon mum :thumbsup: After soooo much thinking i just decided i would go see visit the different breeds and fell in love with the griffons. I have another 5 and a bit weeks till i pick my pup up and the wait is killing me.

Haha cool :D