Advice Needed Re Puppy

Hi all,

Had a call from a friend whose friend needs some advice please.

She was out & about & a man approached her trying to get rid of some of his puppies. He asked the girl to take one or he would have to take them to the pound to be pts as he didn't want them.

She was very upset & being young, didn't know what else to do but take one. She intended to at least try & save it & rehome it herself.

It is a little rhodesian ridgeback pup about 10 wks old, not microchipped (she has already checked at the vet)& is quite healthy.

I don't have much experience with this so thought I would post on here for her. She cannot keep the pup (for genuine reasons) & rang me to see if I knew if there were any rescue groups who take pups from situations like this in for rehoming. She has rang a rescue group who suggested finding a foster carer herself through posting on facebook etc. She has absolutely no experience with rehoming dogs & is very scared to do it herself especially with a little pup involved.

Any advice appreciated - she is in Newcastle area but happy to travel to Sydney etc if help can be given.

Edited by esky

Get in touch with the AWL or some of the other rescue groups on here.

Unfortunately, there are places where this is quite common. I was hit up at McDonalds in Gympie once the same for a kitten. I advertised it FTGH on another site and found a home quickly enough for it.

Just check with your local area regarding microchipping laws. I think by law now, any pup/animal needs to be mircrochipped before sale/give away.

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.

Thanks to the kindness of some Sydney based rescues, she has some hope of help.

She has spent two whole days phoning everyone she can from her local rescue groups & has basically been left to her own devices. She was at wits end & very upset late this afternoon till I posted here & had kindness shown to her. She felt the people she spoke to thought she was just wanting to dump one of her own puppies or something & were a little abrupt. I did explain that rescue groups go through so much helping dogs that one could only imagine the excuses they hear & the things they have to cope with so maybe they have had a bad day that she isn't aware of.

This was truly a genuine case from a girl just trying to do what she thought was right & getting in over her head.

She asked if I could pass on her thanks to you all here on DOL.