Accommodation Near Kcc Park, Vic?

espinay2

So how many weekends a year do you think a house close to KCC park with fully enclosed front and backyard would be booked if set up? My aunt has a house and she is tossing up turning it into dog friendly accommodation for dog shows after talking to my Mum :laugh:

I think they would be well booked mirawee :laugh:

I do have a pretty good camping setup, so may just end up using that. With two big fluffy dogs I should certainly be toasty warm.

But as I was going to be travelling down one day and back home the next day I didn't fancy trying to set up a tent in the dark for one night only.

Just call me a woos :laugh:

Though it is looking to be the easy option at the moment :eek: :laugh:

You have all given a bright idea! I live 10 - 15 mins away from KCC park, if I was to set up a caravan with a fenced in area (garden) seriously would people rent it for weekends?

Can anyone suggest dog friendly accommodation (other than the Kingston motel at Carrum Downs) near KCC park in Vic?

Must allow dogs in the room.

Kingston motels dog friendly rooms are fully booked for the night I want :(

In Feb I stayed at The Bear house (that's the restaurant) the motel is a separate business called "Mahogany motel" and it sucks profoundly. No dogs allowed inside, though how they'd know beats me. The room was dirty, the kitchen stuff was not clean (how they expect businessmen and tradies to wash up reliably is beyond me), there were dead insects and huntsmen and other spiders all along the places where walls meet floors and some flat surfaces. The carpet stinks.

And there were possum fights on the roof each night, and one morning, a dead possum (ring tail) at my door step. YUCK.

They only "clean" a room if you hang a sign up but they don't really clean, I had to get the manager out to vaccuum up the excess dead bugs.

There were also fights or very loud screaming matches ending in "I QUIT" from the back of the restaurant (11pmish), which was directly opposite the majority of motel rooms.

I thought the rooms at Fourth Furlong across from the racecourse - while the whole place looks bland, and the manager smokes, the rooms - were cleaner and they allow dogs in. Well they don't but they don't turf you out if you cheat, just as long as you or your dog don't trash the place. The manager has a dog and a lot of customers going to KCC Park. These rooms also have a kitchenette, fridge and cooking space and are $60 a night cheaper than Mahogany Motel. Sigh.

http://fourthfurlong.budgetmotelchain.com.au/

They were full up when I was in Vic, or I would have gone there too. I'd be very tempted to try Frankston next time though. Traffic, even at 6:30am over a very short distance was still a nightmare.

I couldn't believe that Mahogany could charge over $150 pn and be a whole lot scummier than the $90 per night place.

PS this is the poodle club list.

http://www.poodleclubofvictoria.com/accommodation.htm

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket