Accommodation Near Kcc Park, Vic?

espinay2

Can anyone suggest dog friendly accommodation (other than the Kingston motel at Carrum Downs) near KCC park in Vic?

Must allow dogs in the room.

Kingston motels dog friendly rooms are fully booked for the night I want :(

Edited by espinay2

Can anyone suggest dog friendly accommodation (other than the Kingston motel at Carrum Downs) near KCC park in Vic?

Hi

Take a look at www.lillydalekc.com web page that has a link to GREAT accommodation near KCC Park

Chers

David B

Hi

Take a look at www.lillydalekc.com web page that has a link to GREAT accommodation near KCC Park

Chers

David B

Yes the Carrum Downs one is great, but as I mentioned their dog friendly rooms are fully booked.

And the Frankston one doesn't allow dogs in the rooms. :(

Edited by espinay2

We are staying at the same place Ptolomy posted when we go over in another month :thumbsup: Half of us drive for nearly an hour to get to shows in WA so we decided 30 minutes was a luxury :laugh:

Bet that is you booked in for the June long weekend?

I have left it way too late to book it seems. I know I should have done it before I went overseas and not 'forgotten' it till I got back.... :o

Looks like I may have to freeze in a tent :eek: At least I will have the dogs to keep me warm :laugh:

I am at Hastings,about 20 minutes from KCC Park.

How many dogs are you bringing?

Our Park here allows dogs,just not in tourist cabins.(do you have a dog float or similar dogs could sleep in?)

PM me if interested and I can give you the information.

Also you could try ringing the Mornington Peninsule Shire Council and seeing if there are any "farm stays"(I think there are a few).

Bet that is you booked in for the June long weekend?

Sorry :o We book in January I think... Didn't want the WA dogs who are used to sleeping inside to have to deal with Victoria in June outside! It will be cold enough as it is :o

We found another place who don't advertise dogs allowed inside but when we explained the above we were told ok as long as they are in crates... they have outside kennels you can use as well. Hopefully I will remember when I get home and I will PM you their name to try.

Only 15mins from the park is www.wsternportpark.com - 6 lumeah rd Somerville ph 03 5977 3344. Beautiful quiet setting all sort of cabin / van accommodation, give this a try you have nothing to loose!

It is off the beaten track, so not many know about it. I live just around the orner from it, seriously only 10 - 15 min away Good luck.

Have you tried the Discovery Caravan Park at Carrum Downs? They allow dogs in cabins.

As I have said (twice now) they are fully booked!

Rude much? People are offering you solutions to try and help you.

You have said that the Kingston Motel is fully booked. I guess that is the same as the Discovery Caravan Park, but not everyone would know that.

Have you tried the Discovery Caravan Park at Carrum Downs? They allow dogs in cabins.

As I have said (twice now) they are fully booked!

Rude much? People are offering you solutions to try and help you.

You have said that the Kingston Motel is fully booked. I guess that is the same as the Discovery Caravan Park, but not everyone would know that.

Apologies. Just frustrated. Thanks to all who have offered options. Seems that true 'dog friendly' short term accommodation around Melbourne is not that common.

Made even more obvious after just getting back from the US where dogs in hotel rooms were generally welcome and not a big deal.

I do much prefer to have the dogs in the room with me rather than sleep in the car (no trailer). Tents aren't all that much fun in winter either :laugh:

Only 15mins from the park is www.wsternportpark.com - 6 lumeah rd Somerville ph 03 5977 3344. Beautiful quiet setting all sort of cabin / van accommodation, give this a try you have nothing to loose!

It is off the beaten track, so not many know about it. I live just around the orner from it, seriously only 10 - 15 min away Good luck.

They will allow dogs, but not inside the cabins/vans unfortunately :(

I am at Hastings,about 20 minutes from KCC Park.

How many dogs are you bringing?

Our Park here allows dogs,just not in tourist cabins.(do you have a dog float or similar dogs could sleep in?)

PM me if interested and I can give you the information.

Also you could try ringing the Mornington Peninsule Shire Council and seeing if there are any "farm stays"(I think there are a few).

Thanks for the offer. Was bringing 1, maybe two dogs. No dog trailer. Does seem that there is only one place that allows the dogs inside for short term stays (everywhere else is beachhouse type accommodation and requires booking for more than one night - I only want to be there one night.) Looks like It will be tent or nothing :laugh:

Will have to make sure I book well ahead of time in future if I ever want to show in Vic. For now I may just have to place it in the 'too hard' basket and give it a miss :o

Just curious. Why do people need rooms which allow dogs? My guys are quite happy sleeping in the car in their crates or in the dog float if we take that. We usually take some canine company along if it is only one dog we are entered with. Only time I have been happy to accept motel's offer to allow dog in with me was extremely hot weather, although there was plenty of natural shade and I could have put crates under trees, inside was better. Stayed in motel last Sat night with two youngsters out in car, not a peep.

Even with a large car, large dogs don't have much room particularly if I bring more than one (no way even one crate for one of my dogs could be erected in my car :laugh: ). Yes, a new van would be nice and is on the wish list (and I refuse to own a trailer as I personally simply don't feel comfortable having my dogs travel in them for a range of reasons based on the experiences of others in my breed - interesting that they are banned in the US)

My dogs are used to travelling and used to being with me in hotel rooms etc. I sleep better too if they are chilling in the room with me, and so do they (rather than guarding their territory in the car all night from every small movement like a good LGD - in the room which is not their territory they are quiet).

I wan't them to perform well, so I make sure they are treated well according to what I feel works well for us.

If other people don't mind having their dogs outside when travelling that is up to them - but my dogs, my call.

Edited by espinay2

I agree espinay2. I've just gone through the same thing trying to find accommodation in Melbourne that allows dogs. My dogs are accustomed to sleeping inside and travelling away from home already stresses them a bit, so I don't like adding to that by not providing them with their "normal" sleeping arrangement.

We all have different ways of dealing/treating our dogs when away and I totally understand espinay's requirements.

A lovely beagle exhibitor has offered for me to stay with her, which is fantastic as my girl can sleep on the bed with me :) I did find one place in Moonee Ponds that would allow animals, but they upped the rate per night by $115 due to the time of year (royal time). I couldn't justify spending that much money, after purchasing flights and car hire!

I hope you find somewhere, but I haven't been successful in trying for September this year :( Luckily a friend has stepped forward to help.

I must say that this is why I have a great camping set up - makes trips with the dogs a breeze. A few weekends ago I was camped in my tent at a retrieving trial up at Pittong so no power and about 6C overnight. I really feel the cold and I was toasty warm. An ensuite camping site in Sydney for the agility nationals is going to feel like 5 star accommodation :laugh: Good luck espinay2!