How Much To Fly A Ecs From Vic Back To Singapore?

andrewang

I intend to get an ECS while I'm here but I'm wondering how much it'll cost me to take him back with me when I return home to Singapore.

How long does it usually take? Will I be able to see him immediately after I touchdown?

Just want to find out all the extra expenses before I commit to a dog.

Around the $1000 mark & the dog will have to clear customs at the other end so after a few hrs yes you will see it unless the rules have changed .

You will still have the expense of the export procedures(vet checks etc etc)

I knew someone who had to spend $12,500 on customs quarantine etc for their cavalier to get him from canada to australia.

I suggest youo buy the dog after you move back

Did that include purchase price ??

At that price it would seem they may not have followed the guideline protocol & the dog may have served longer in quarantine .(dogs not done on schedule from Canada can do up to 6 months )

We paid $8000 all up from Belgium on a little dog plus 63 days quarantine that also included baby sitter fees whilst the dog did its residency plus other costs

Not every country has breeders & Singapore doesn't have many ,most breeds are imports even in the show ring & there often never breed from just shown

Edited by showdog

I knew someone who had to spend $12,500 on customs quarantine etc for their cavalier to get him from canada to australia.

there is a big difference between importing and exporting

True,But I could imagine it would still be quite pricey :) But if your heart is set on that certain dog then it should be all worth it in the end.

NO that wasnt including purchase price, all done legitimately planned and scheduled it cost a fortune it freaked me out about ever moving countries lol

True,But I could imagine it would still be quite pricey :) But if your heart is set on that certain dog then it should be all worth it in the end.

NO that wasnt including purchase price, all done legitimately planned and scheduled it cost a fortune it freaked me out about ever moving countries lol

The main expense is not the flight, but the quarantine in Australia. I have exported dogs to Hong Kong and Japan, for much less than half that figure, and the people could collect the dogs straight away. But I don't know about Singapore.

Andrewang, contact a reputable travel company like Jetpets or Dogtainers, and they will work out the details and give you a quote. You can also look at the AQIS website to find out any legalities yourself. Also consider that it might be best if the dog comes on a flight a day or two later than you, so that you can prepare things at home. As far as I know the dogs are not allowed to be flown as part of your baggage, they are categorised as embargoed freight (or something like that) and travel on their own paperwork, not on your ticket.

The above mentioned companies can be relied on to do all paperwork for you. You can do it cheaper on your own, but if you make an error on the paperwork the consequences can be terrible.

I

Thanks so much for all the infomation. It's been really useful. No quarantine required for dogs/cats from Australia as I have read from the link provided by thundercat.

The reason why I wanna get a dog here is simply because Singapore doesn't have good breeders, and so called "reputable" pet shops sell puppies at a ridiculous price. Dogs here are cheaper and have so much more quality. I can also meet the parents of the pups, which I think is very important when choosing a puppy.

So I can actually do everything by myself instead of getting some travel company to handle it for me at a high price?

Paperwork makes or breaks the success .

Use an agent it well worth it especially if things go wrong but phone around.

You can do things so it does end up cheaper .

Crates can sometimes be brought cheaper (must meet the requirements)

You doing the vet runs etc etc.

There are things you can do but it dpends on whether you want to do the running around ,it can be time consuming .

Get quotes from a number of transport companies

Hmmm.... Alright. Thanks for all the feedbacks.

I haven't got a dog yet, and I'm not intending to return so soon either. After I get my dog, no matter how much it cost, I'll still bring him back with me. So let's see how things go for now.

Now I should look for a reputable breeder for an English Cocker Spaniel first.