Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Has anyone else got any news?

The DWDQ ran a platform workshop up here run by Maree and Angie today, despite the rain and freezing cold weather it went ahead at Angie's place.

It was a fabulous workshop showcasing all levels of platform work, everyone has gone home totaly inspired to get think about using platforms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the Michele Poulitt seminar up here in September :thumbsup:

Hi BC4ME,

Glad that DWDQ ran a workshop and you had heaps of fun despite the weather :)

Can I ask what are platforms and what are they used for?

I hope that you will tell us all about the Michele Poulitt seminar after you have been in September.

Have look at the link it will explain everything (hope it works)

My link

Edited by BC4ME

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else got any news?

The DWDQ ran a platform workshop up here run by Maree and Angie today, despite the rain and freezing cold weather it went ahead at Angie's place.

It was a fabulous workshop showcasing all levels of platform work, everyone has gone home totaly inspired to get think about using platforms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the Michele Poulitt seminar up here in September :thumbsup:

Hi BC4ME,

Glad that DWDQ ran a workshop and you had heaps of fun despite the weather :)

Can I ask what are platforms and what are they used for?

I hope that you will tell us all about the Michele Poulitt seminar after you have been in September.

Have look at the link it will explain everything (hope it works)

My link

Thanks BC4ME, now I understand what platforms are :)

Went to the DWD workshop at EP today. What a disaster, Tilba was up to her old tricks & makes it impossible for us to participate fully.

There are some wonderful new routines in the works.

We got some ideas for our routine as well, which makes it worth the long drive up from Canberra. Some of those starter routines were great!

Well Hasting's DWD comp that was going to be held tomorrow has been cancelled due to KCC Park being closed cause of flood water. I hope that they can reschedule the comp as I was looking forward to putting on my dancing shoes and dance the night away with Tux.

CleoJ, will look forward to seeing/hearing more about your new routines.

stay safe every one

Well Hasting's DWD comp that was going to be held tomorrow has been cancelled due to KCC Park being closed cause of flood water. I hope that they can reschedule the comp as I was looking forward to putting on my dancing shoes and dance the night away with Tux.

stay safe every one

I hear you guys are having a bit of a wild time down there. Better to cancel the comp in advance so then people stay at home all rugged up and out of harms way.

Stay safe everyone :)

stay safe every one

I hear you guys are having a bit of a wild time down there. Better to cancel the comp in advance so then people stay at home all rugged up and out of harms way.

Stay safe everyone :)

Yes the weather on Thursday and Friday was shocking, but the weather was really nice on the weekend even if we was sloshing around in wet (for Obed, not dwd). KCC park was flooded out and DogVictoria had shut up shop until today. They gave permission that Hastings could run their trial on Sunday :))))))) so please keep your fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong.

Yesterday Hasting ODC ran their DWD comp and it was lovely abiet a little bit cold in the tin shed (indoor show arena). It was lovely to watch all the routines and boy was there some lovely ones. Thank you to Hasting's ODC for putting this trial on and here is hoping that they will hold another one soon.

Yesterday Hasting ODC ran their DWD comp and it was lovely abiet a little bit cold in the tin shed (indoor show arena). It was lovely to watch all the routines and boy was there some lovely ones. Thank you to Hasting's ODC for putting this trial on and here is hoping that they will hold another one soon.

Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. Congrats to everyone involved. :thumbsup:

Another lovely competition was held up here in Qld yesterday and there were several new faces.

It was lovely to see some "newbies" to the sport take home quallies and it was lovely to meet Barb "Tassie" on DOL and her lovely BC's. I believe Barb became the first person to gain a DWD title in Tasmania :thumbsup:

I was happy with my boys as well Styler gained his DWD Freestyle starters title and Chook his 2nd quallie in HTM Novice, he also placed first with his routine. :D

I have hopefully attached his routine for you all to see.

Another lovely competition was held up here in Qld yesterday and there were several new faces.

It was lovely to see some "newbies" to the sport take home quallies and it was lovely to meet Barb "Tassie" on DOL and her lovely BC's. I believe Barb became the first person to gain a DWD title in Tasmania :thumbsup:

I was happy with my boys as well Styler gained his DWD Freestyle starters title and Chook his 2nd quallie in HTM Novice, he also placed first with his routine. :D

I have hopefully attached his routine for you all to see.

Congrats and well done! :thumbsup:

It was super to meet you and your lovely boys, and to see Chook's lovely routine. Well deserved first and lovely comments from judges. I was super pleased with my kids. Stoked to get 4 from 4 and 4 starters titles :-). Grateful for all the help, and such a lovely supportive environment. Mises your Starters either .... Was doing the quick change between dogs. I was especially happy with Rory placing first in HTM.

Well done and a huge congrats to BC4Me and Tassie on your lovely passes and titles.

Thanks for posting your routine BC4ME, now Tassie, where is yours?

Is it next month that S.A has a dwd trial?

Plotting my young girl's routine is going to fun as she is goes away with the fairies alot.

SA has a DWD trial on the 28th of this month entries close next Monday. Still can't decide if I am going to enter. I have cut new music edits for a HTM and a Freestyle routine for Ness (she has 1 DWDF.S pass) but with Kenz out of action my heart isn't in it :(.

Edited by ness

Thanks kallistar. We had lots of fun. There is video, I think, but not mine, so don't have access right now. Maybe later ..... :D

Go on ness - give the old lady a run. It'll keep you off the streets if nothing else :laugh:

:laugh: There's a reason why Kirra has to be kep in the car or in the house when I'm trying to train Rory :rofl:

Mine are separated for training although they can hear each other and yes there is lots of whining and barking happening. But when they get there turn they are really well focused and really want to work, so I can put up with the noise :laugh: :thumbsup:

Yeah I had Kenz crated but Ness was sulky. Still I think its me I find Ness work to train these days (although she is loving her tracking so maybe we will just stick to that). If Kenz is ready to trial in last trial for the year I might just put Ness in for the sake of it and see how she does.

Lovely music and routine, BC4Me. But what was on your pants leg that he kept getting distracted by? :D That was alovely use of a simple prop too.

Congrats to Tassie and her guys - that's a pretty impressive way to start off titles!

We had our workshop with the lovely Kamal Fernandez on the weekend. He is just amazing, what he can achieve with a dog. I cam away with my head buzzing with ideas for Obedience, Rally and DWD!