Great Home Available For Small Female Dog

Hi everyone...Just on the the off chance someone might have a suggestion. I have a friend who has been looking for a small female dog to join their family. She is specifically looking for a rescue dog, one that is good with kids and is also gentle around their older golden retriever. Great home is assured, the mum works part time and they include their dogs as valued members of their family. They have tried local shelters with little success. I think they are leaning towards a swf/pug/CKCS....that type of dog, but open to all suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can pass on? Preferably within Melbourne or an hours drive or so from Geelong.

Hi dogmad,

I am not too sure if it was AAPS that they went to....but I will suggest them.

Thanks for the links and please keep them coming. I am sending them through, however the sense I was getting was that they were getting frustrated with either the dogs being gone, which happens, and the lack of communication when trying to make contact.

Keep them coming please....that little Tibbie girl looks so sweet.

Guest lavendergirl

Its a good idea for them to monitor the Pet Rescue website themselves on a regular basis and contact immediately a dog comes up they are interested in. There are a lot of little female dogs on that site that could suit them. I know it can be a bit frustrating dealing with the rescue organisations but persistence pays off in the end :) I get annoyed when I hear of good families having so much trouble adopting when perfectly good dogs are being PTS every day :(

I don't know any of these dogs personally, but I personally really admire the organisation Rescued With Love. There's a little girl called Rosie there at the moment who is approx 4: http://www.rescuedwithlove.org/dogsweneedahome.htm

There are some other girls who will be up for adoption shortly, including a 12 or 16 week old pup they just took in, who had been dyed pink then left in a pound. :(