Guard Dog Extrordinaire..

Michelleva

So we have a little sheltie, who is good at alerting us when someone is around the house.

I just had the postie at the door with a letter that was too big for the letterbox, she went off her tree barking at him. Then I opened the door to get the letter, she raced out and what did she do???

SNIFFED HIM... :rofl: :rofl:

I've got a shar pei foster dog here who is so laid back we didn't think he knew he was actually a dog. In the two months he has been here he has not barked or growled or even got the hump about anything. But my scary side of the family came to stay with us on Wednesday night. Thursday morning my sister and I had to take her dog to the vet for an operation. While we were out the foster boy bailed my dodgy sister up in the hallway. He wouldn't let her past our bedrooms to the bathroom. He was growling and barking at her.

Dogs are such a good judge of character!

I've got a shar pei foster dog here who is so laid back we didn't think he knew he was actually a dog. In the two months he has been here he has not barked or growled or even got the hump about anything. But my scary side of the family came to stay with us on Wednesday night. Thursday morning my sister and I had to take her dog to the vet for an operation. While we were out the foster boy bailed my dodgy sister up in the hallway. He wouldn't let her past our bedrooms to the bathroom. He was growling and barking at her.

Dogs are such a good judge of character!

Love it, and its so true.

Cats are also a good judge of people. My inlaws got an adult birman a couple of months back, she hates my SIL with a passion, she avoids her, won't look at her and looks decidedly uncomfortable around her.. this person makes me feel the same way. :laugh: The same cat snuggles on my lap and does happy feet to me.. LOL

Pixie is the friendliest little poodle x ever, she seriously loves everyone. But she barks at everyone walking past the house, and will run to the front door and bark if someone is coming up the driveway. But as soon as you open the door for them she goes into bouncy happy mode and can't get enough attention and cuddles.

Dogs are so silly sometimes.

During the Perth blackouts recently our garage door has been inoperable, so a couple of times I've had to go all the way around my house to get to the front door.

I could hear the dogs happily going off their 'nanas about someone being in their backyard, but of course despite having a dog door they weren't even considering coming outside to check - 'cos you know...it's raining and stuff..... *rolly eye man*

Emmy greets the door with a 'Get the f!@# off my property' bark. Some people are too scared to come into my house until I crate her.

With people she knows... she barks at the door and then she realise who it is, and she is all over them like a rash.

Charlie's guarding is... well, non existence. He barked when someone is at the door and he studies that person and 99% of the time, he is like 'nah, man, you're not worth getting riled up for' and goes back to his bed and go to sleep.

Zorro loves everyone and the more people he meets the happier he gets. Had the lawn man come yesterday and OH never told me so zorro was left out back, when I got home I saw the lawn guy plus his wife snd the other worker cuddling and playing with zorro in the back yard!!!!

He was in his prime Lol.