Wasn't Expecting That! Dog Took On Our Car!

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

Driving through a semi-rural area, on a 70kmph road....a large mixed breed dog stood in the middle of the road waaaaaay off in the distance spotted our car and started walking purposefully toward us down the centre of the road. OH slowed....dog kept coming. OH stopped....dog got up to car....stared us down through the windscreen for a bit, then proceeded to "inspect" the car....as soon as we could see where it was and knew it wasn't in danger of being hit we drove off...with the body language he was exhibiting there was no way I was opening the door or getting out....he would have been about 70kg and non too happy.

I felt rather like those people on safari who are trapped in their tour bus while lions climb onto the roof!!!! :eek:

Edited by Willow

Guest Willow

Wow thats scarey! Did he look like he had a collar on? I wouldn't have got out either!

He was wearing a coat, but I couldn't see a collar...I have never seen such a supremely confident dog before...if he could have spoken, he would have said. "I'm sniffing your car. You will let me."

We had an emu do the same thing to us once! We weren't getting past until he'd insected us! He kep peering in our windows with his beady little eyes.

I hope the next person who drives along is smart enough to stay in their car too.

God help a bike rider if they're going up that road. :eek:

We have Ninja Cat.

Ninja Cat lives around the corner from us and we often see him on our walks with the dogs. Our first encounter with Ninja Cat was like something out of a terrifying cartoon.

Walking peacefully along in the dark when, out of nowhere, Ninja cat burts out from his driveway, fur bristling, up on his claws and vibrates across the path. Scared the crap out of me. :eek:

Last week Ninja Cat did just what you have described, we saw him from about 30 metres away and he just stalked along the path towards us purposefully until he got about half a metre away, when he arched his back and scattered. Crazy bastard.

Guest Willow

OMG!!!! AGAIN!!!! Same road, different dogs....two teeny tiny little ones this time, straight down the middle of the road at the car, I slammed the brakes on, and because they were so tiny, I couldn't see them but I could hear them circling the car barking and snarling!!!! I inched away reaaaaaaaaly slowly so I didn't hit them, and they took off!!!! :eek:

Edited by Willow

Guest Willow

Are you sure your car isn't covered in bacon or something? :laugh:

I'm beginning to wonder..... :laugh: