Differences In Undercoat Rakes?

Hi all,

Am doing some shopping around for undercoat rakes. Currently would use it on a Lab and the cats but I expect to own more double coated dogs in the future.

There seems to be big price differences between the professional grooming brands(over $40) versus the 'pet' brands(around $12). Is there a big difference?

Do they all have rounded tips to avoid cutting coat or irritating skin? Is the length of teeth important?

Did try a search but didn't find anything, if there are threads on this please direct me there.

Thank you for any and all opinions!

Not really

re the length of the teeth, just make sure that they are long enough to reach the skin through the coat when you are brushing, with longer coats you may have to do layer brushing where you hold the top layers off and brush the underlayers and then slowly drop the top layers

What breeds are you considering in the future?

Thanks Vehs,

Not certain on dogs except Central Asian Ovcharka once I get my space! My prefences tend to be double coats.

Glad to hear you don't think price makes a big difference :)

The difference in price is how long they last ,

We do full time grooming & whilst the cheapies may do similar they generally fall apart for basic use handle wise so your cheapie ends up being replaced so not that cheap.