Stacking/standing Nightmare

Awww pups are always good for a giggle my male rotti never stood still still doesn't i call him my tap dancer lol move one leg hemoves another i just laugh he'll get there :)

the last pup i took in the ring refused to walk i ended up walking backwards bent over with food infront of pups nose around the ring almost ran out of the ring missed the judge completley lol

:laugh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where can I get white chalk? can I use any type of chalk?, Gus split his tail a few weeks ago... its healed but there is not much fur about a good inch at the tip and its a little stained and discoloured, not great looking aesthetically

You should be able to buy some at the show. If it is at Erskine Park, there are regular show supplies shops set up at most shows.

Awww pups are always good for a giggle my male rotti never stood still still doesn't i call him my tap dancer lol move one leg hemoves another i just laugh he'll get there :)

the last pup i took in the ring refused to walk i ended up walking backwards bent over with food infront of pups nose around the ring almost ran out of the ring missed the judge completley lol

Hope it makes you feel a bit more relaxed now :)

Hope it makes you feel a bit more relaxed now :)

yes it does, Gus is getting the "stand" and focus on the food quite well now, he looks straight and balanced enough so im not going to worry too much about placing his legs, they look ok for now and I think im standing still is a little more of a priority... thank you everyone for your help, advise and encouragement it helped quite a bit.

Is there a dress code in terms of colour co-ordinating with your dog? are there specific colours i should not wear and why?

You want to wear something that makes your dog stand out when you stand behind him and not blend in, for a Dally I would stay about from black bottoms as depending on where his spots are it could give the effect of having a dippy topline. Same might go with white I guess too, I dunno maybe grey will be OK until you really get into and get a coloured suit :p

I quite like red as well as blue with black and white dogs :)

Edited by tollersowned

Is there a dress code in terms of colour co-ordinating with your dog? are there specific colours i should not wear and why?

You want to wear something that makes your dog stand out when you stand behind him and not blend in, for a Dally I would stay about from black bottoms as depending on where his spots are it could give the effect of having a dippy topline. Same might go with white I guess too, I dunno maybe grey will be OK until you really get into and get a coloured suit :p

I quite like red as well as blue with black and white dogs :)

Thanks!!! hahah finding a nice and unique suit is hard!!! I have a red skirt I might pair with a black top and red jacket :S hahah it will have to do because its all I've got.... totally forgot about the clothes aspect till now!, the same thing happened at my first show...im terrible when it comes to clothes shopping...

If it makes you feel better - friend sent me some photos he took of me and my baby puppy in the group line up on the weekend. I knew we were bad - but not that bad!!:eek: Lots and lots of training to do (more for me than the dog.....)

If it makes you feel better - friend sent me some photos he took of me and my baby puppy in the group line up on the weekend. I knew we were bad - but not that bad!!:eek: Lots and lots of training to do (more for me than the dog.....)

Hahah yea I knew he was a little monster, but she could have been s little nicer about it, I did tell her it was our second time in the ring... ow well practice is up for us as well.. show training tonight what joy!! in the freaking freezing weather hahaha.

Don't take it to heart. For every judge who will make you feel like a tool, there are at least two who will happily laugh with you. ;)

Yeap the first judge we went under loved Gus, he had her in stitches and she took a considerable amount of time judging.... I guess you will have your good days and your shocking ones.

• 2 weeks later...

that wasnt very nice of the judge :( Unless of course they were saying it in a construction fashion, I had a judge tell me that my puppy moved really nicely but couldnt stack at all, but he was lovely about it, and said it to help. I knew we were crap at stacking but we are learning :)

What did you end up wearing?

that wasnt very nice of the judge :( Unless of course they were saying it in a construction fashion, I had a judge tell me that my puppy moved really nicely but couldnt stack at all, but he was lovely about it, and said it to help. I knew we were crap at stacking but we are learning :)

What did you end up wearing?

Red skirt, black top and red jacket haha....

I dont think it was constructive because it was partnered with a filthy look of absolute disgust hahaha... I just laughed because I started to feel awkward and im terrible in those situations....

I hope that this makes you feel better, the first time i took Eva in the ring, she bounced, bit at my leg, bounced some more, bit at my top and had a ball.

The judge laughed and when she was going over said 'well arent you a happy little girl'

As long as Gus enjoys himself and you do too, that is all that matters, keep on with training, it will sink in one day

No idea about the chain sorry.

I bought a chain for Obi but each time I have used it on him he doesnt seem to gait very well and I have heaps more trouble stacking him than when I am using the soft puppy martingale. So I think I am going to stick with that for a bit longer, I did like my big dog collar and lead though!