Obedience Brag

The Standard Poodles & I had a good day at Hastings Double Obedience Trials yesterday It was sunny but VERY windy in the morning, and bitterly cold, due to the strong wind factor. The hard working volunteers/organizers do a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcomed, They also put on a scrumptious all day BBQ. The grounds were dry HOORAY!

Hard to believe it was not muddy with all the flooding and heavy rain we have been having in Victoria.

My 3 year old,"ROXY", had 2 Utility Class Passes with 2 X 1st Places and attained her U.D. TITLE Yippee!

ROXY LOVES to work but gets so excited that she can hardly contain her sweet self at times....6 points off both Morning and afternoon for silliness.....

Points off were for jumping exuberantly very high in the air, to express her delight, after she found the 1st article, in the morning. In the afternoon, being in such a rush to gallop back to me with the metal, she dropped then immediately picked up the article, and flew in to "front" so fast, I held my breath hoping she would put on the brakes. (she did a good front so I could breath again) The judge in the afternoon, said she would "like to bottle her entusiasm"

Anyway, I am delighted ROXY titled in UD in just 5 trials, 9 months after getting her Novice title at Melbourne Royal

It is her 10th performance title at age 3 I set up my training as a series of games, with only rewards based methods, so perhaps that is why so much excitment .

VIOLET was also very "up", till was about 6 years old. Her Mum, TAZ, who was very correct/precise but would rather swim and retrieve ducks, then trial, IN Obedience TAZ regularly used to beat VIOLET, on precision and consistency and then VIOLET calmed down and got more precise. Perhaps there is hope for ROXY?

Violet got 2nd in Open, with 196 points in the morning, from on a tie/count back to an aboslutely gorgeous working CDX titled GSD, Violet won Highest Score In Trial in the afternoon, , with 195 from Open in the pouring rain We competitors were outside during the stays and got drenched to the skin

VIOLET had a waterproof raincoat on & being a "water dog" actually PREFERS, working in cold wet weather

I came home totally & utterly exhausted, wind burnt, drenched to the skin and shivering to the bones with cold but happy

post-39698-0-41148600-1341098977_thumb.jpg

Congrats!!

I love watching your dogs work :D Shows that obedience can indeed be fun and exciting for dog and handler!

Hastings grounds are great, they never seem to get very wet even with heavy rain so I enjoy competing there.

Hastings is very exhibitor friendly. I truly apreciate how much hard work is put in to organizing trials by so many volunteers.

Obedience training is loads of fun, if the handler sets it up as a series of games and causes the dog and handler, to have fun while training

I recognize that precison is also important as traditional Obedience is a precision sport. The real challenge, is to be able to work out how to have dogs work, while being BOTH enthusiastic/animated AND precise

Thanks so much everybody, for your kind words

I do not currently have a video of ROXY,

I would love to get Roxy's work on video (I think,..... LOL)

Any volunteers?

Anyone going to Geelong, for the 2 days of RALLY O. &/or Obedience trialling?

Hastings is very exhibitor friendly. I truly apreciate how much hard work is put in to organizing trials by so many volunteers.

Obedience training is loads of fun, if the handler sets it up as a series of games and causes the dog and handler, to have fun while training

I recognize that precison is also important as traditional Obedience is a precision sport. The real challenge, is to be able to work out how to have dogs work, while being BOTH enthusiastic/animated AND precise

Thanks so much everybody, for your kind words

I do not currently have a video of ROXY,

I would love to get Roxy's work on video (I think,..... LOL)

Any volunteers?

Anyone going to Geelong, for the 2 days of RALLY O. &/or Obedience trialling?

we will be at Geelong, 1 in Obedience both days & 3 in Rally Novice both days :D

Please accept my wishes for the very best of luck to you at Geelong!!

I so hope the weather over that weekend is dry .

I entered the "fun one" Roxy, in Obedience and both Violet & Roxy in Rally O

If you have a moment, please come over & say G'day to us.

P.S. I have just heard through the "grapevine" that there are 400 RALLY O entries at Geelong! WOW; that is great for the club!

The same "grapeviner" said that they have cancelled 2 of the Obedience rings.

Shall try to catch up & say hi, yes we do hope the weather will be kind to us :D

We wont have our Pappy bitch in, she is due to be inseason, just our 3 boys & 1 whippet bitch

Our male Paps & whippet bitch are doing Rally Novice, our whippet boy is in Obedience Novice class

which 2 rings in Obedience ??

geeze that is a lot of entries for Rally, I gather that is for Novice & Advance classes & over the 2 days

Edited by murve