Litters Due September 2012

Monteba

Hi Parkeyre, Congrats on your upcoming litter ( hoping that I am still on your waiting list :thumbsup: ) I have Jack litters due in October and I am interested in what people supplement their bitches to achieve the best result. I have had heartbreak with my last few litters so I have trying to do everything in my power to prevent puppy loss. Cheers Sharon

Hiya Sharon, can you PM/email me again please? I sent you an email. ;)

As for supplementing; this litter I have decided to try using K9 Showstopper and K9 Puppy Gold. http://whelpingsuppl...iewCat&catId=71

I have pretty good records of weights of mum and babies throughout the last litter so will be comparing again with this litter (though the sires are different).

I had Alice building up to the daily amount on the packaging for K9 Showstopper, and then begun using K9 Puppy Gold instead after ultrasound confirmation around day 28.

I'll continue to feed Alice K9 Puppy Gold and then the puppies can have it as well when they begin to wean.

Edited by Parkeyre

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monteba, can you please delete us from a bi-black sheltie litter due in September. :cry:

Nikki will be staying in Sydney with her Grandma until she comes into season again in Dec, and we hope for better luck next time. :D

so sorry :(

1346022665[/url]' post='5940928']

I didn't want to post in here until I had ultrasounded the girls as it had put the mocker on me so many other times before but I am thrilled to announce that

Niina (Ch Sibermoon Niina) is in whelp to Dolce (Ch Armahani Crystal Caibmat)puppies due 21st September

and

Aurora-Rose (Ch Articmal Dynamic Fortune)has been successfully mated to Magnus (Gr Ch Theldaroy Green with NV(AI) and is due on the 23rd September

Both litters are Finnish Lapphunds :D

Yay BB and Gretal for your impending litters :thumbsup:

WoooooHoooo Maggie babies.

Congratulations Bord3aux and Adoublej on your babies. Lovely to see so many Spring puppies entering the world.

Any news BB with your girl or has she just kept you up all night??

I took the girls back for a 2nd ultrasound last thursday and unfortunately Niina doesn't look like she will be having puppies this year. The first ultrasound had showed 2 little sacks up high so we went for a 2nd and found nothing.

Aurora-Rose on the other hand had oodles of puppies :thumbsup: She is enormous for only being 6 weeks in whelp and walks around with a stately waddle.

4thSept039.jpg

4thSept040.jpg

I will definately be getting an xray done on her closer to the date.

This was 3rd time lucky with Magnus & Aurora as I had tried twice before with no success and so opted for surgical AI using fresh semen.

When we ultrasounded last week the vet found 8 straight away but we are not sure if some are double ups. Estimate is between 7-10 :eek:

Considering an average Lappie litter is 6, I think we over did it :laugh:

I will definately be getting an xray done on her closer to the date.

This was 3rd time lucky with Magnus & Aurora as I had tried twice before with no success and so opted for surgical AI using fresh semen.

When we ultrasounded last week the vet found 8 straight away but we are not sure if some are double ups. Estimate is between 7-10 :eek:

Considering an average Lappie litter is 6, I think we over did it :laugh:

Way to go Aurora! She's absolutely gorgeous!

9 in total.

2 born dead, think it was just a little to long in there for them. Tried to revive with no success. A black and tan dog and a ruby dog.

Final count

1 black and tan girl

1 ruby girl

3 ruby dogs

2 black and tan bitches

BBJ logged in as mum as I can't post in breeders.