How Do You Keep Track

Rainy

I’m having a little trouble trying to keep track of how my girl is going in the ring. I’ve written most of my results on pieces of paper but now they are here there and everywhere, I was wondering if there was a spread sheet / app type thing that you can put your results in and keep track of points etc ?

Thanks

I've just set up a spreadsheet. Very simple one. Dates, show name, judge names, class entered, points, other results (ie class in group or show etc) and comments.

I used to have a small index card filing system with a section for each dog and I had cards for dog information, health, show results but after a few years this got too bulky.

I used to keep a file and do a write up of the dogs and the show and how my dog went/what to work on. That was when i was organised.

now, I use the DOL pointscore to track my points just in case I misplace any certificates and kind of just forget about the shows where she didn't get anything :laugh:

Thanks Ellz, yeah im thining a spread sheet is the way to go but i am hopless with seting up excel :laugh:

Thanks Sparky, im thinking with one show dog ill be able to keep organised with multiple dogs it's proberbly harder.

Ill have a look at the pointscore :)

Doesn't have to be in excel - I just have ours set up in a word document and a different section for different titles. All CH points are tallied as soon as I get home from shows and the certificates stored in their own folders which stack neatly into shelving with dogs names on the binder & front. I also list all results on our website update spreadsheet but don't list points accrued on there. I couldn't keep track if I didn't keep it organised !!!

Thanks Bisart, My aim is to stay organised as i hope to have another to show some day :) what is on your website is pretty much what im trying to do so ill keep fiddling.

Dose anyone use www.showmanager.com.au ?

I made my own database with the ability to search through judges names and see what shows they did, what comments they made. Also search for the clubs so I can see which dates I showed at which club, which dogs I showed and what the results were.

This makes it easy as when a dog gets its title I can print the shows straight into the title app form along with all the dog details.

I also use it to store dogs info, medical history, matings, whelpings, pup buyers details, club details and judges details.

I found this much easier than a spreadsheet especially with multiple dogs.

I made my own database with the ability to search through judges names and see what shows they did, what comments they made. Also search for the clubs so I can see which dates I showed at which club, which dogs I showed and what the results were.

This makes it easy as when a dog gets its title I can print the shows straight into the title app form along with all the dog details.

I also use it to store dogs info, medical history, matings, whelpings, pup buyers details, club details and judges details.

that sounds awesome!

I wish I was that tech savvy!

Spreadsheet - a sheet for each year in the excel book, a link from each judge name to a notepad with the full results and column following the judge name with each dog and class entered etc.

Would you like to sell me a copy? Please!

And me :D

Would you like to sell me a copy? Please!

And me :D

me 2 please