Finally Got It!

tlc

It's funny I was just saying to a friend yesterday about this exact thing, ever since I was young I always wanted a Canon but for some reason when I got my first DSLR I got a Nikon, I didn't regret it either it was a fabulous camera and the girl I sold it too is loving it.

So I finally have the Canon I dreamed about all thoses years ago even though the one I dreamed about was film. :rofl:

If I was to buy my 70 -200 f4 online which is better eglobal or DWI, I'm leaning towards DWI. Their prices are similar. Someone mentioned another place with cheap prices and I know I commented but I can't find it. Any recommendations!

I have to wait longer now for the 70 - 200 :( as I haven't got quite enough cash, so in the mean time with the cash I do have I have two options, one is get the 50mm 1.4 or get the new 40mm and get a porteen bag. Arghhhh what to do? I love the bag and the 40mm would be a great walk around lens for every day use. Or I could just keep saving and wait till I have enough for the 70 - 200 but at this stage saving just isn't happening. :laugh:

Help me choose what to do.

I Absolutley agree. :laugh: although going by the things I've read about the 40mm I think it might be a much better all round everyday lens. Yes I did just get the 50mm 1.8 and I love it already. Your probly right, I should just keep saving, my OH tells me the same thing!

Thanks RJ, I bought the body on its own and of course could not come out of the shop without a lens and for the price and that fact that I love the plastic fantastic the 50mm 1.8 was the only option! :laugh: they had only sold the last 1.4 the day before otherwise I would have got that. And of course being the impatient cow that I am no way was I waiting till they got more in. :laugh:

Edited by tlc

Hehe I know that feeling.

But I thought I would remind you that you have no need to be a one lense lady lol

Don't forget what lenses I have here if you need to borrow them.

I know you would look after them so all good there :)

I only have the kit lenses and I have the nifty fifty also

Cheers Janet

Thanks for the offer, Lees been here for two days and also offered me her kits lenses, (same as your I think) very generous offer but I'll hold out for the 70-200 and make do with the 50mm. But who knows I might change my mind tomorrow. :laugh:

Wonder if anyone in town hire lenses? Camera house maybe? Is it even called that anymore?

Yes so true, and actually my Nikon mainly had the 50mm on it most of the time. So it suits a lot of the stuff I like to shoot. Apart from being out and about when the dogs are really active, I am going to love the 70 - 200 for that but I will wait patiently, thing is I am a hopeless saver. :laugh:

I think Bec may even still be shooting with her 50mm.

Kirislin, did you end up have a look at the links I posted in your 40mm thread, it looks like a great little lens. Im still considering it, but I have had a good think about the bag as much as I love them, i don't think I can justify speeding that much. Might have a google about and see if I can find another nice camera bag not so exxy, any suggestions?