Hot Spots

smisch

The listerine that works does so because it contains chlorhexidine. Having said that, you may as well just buy a bottle of chlorhex.

I've found that Malaseb diluted 3mls to 100 of warm water, put in a sauce bottle, quirted on and massaged and then rinsed off the area with more works a treat. I usually treat the area at least twice a dog and make sure you dry it off with a clean towel or paper towel.

OH is taking her to work for a malaseb wash this week will just depend on when he has time there.. We already have a bottle of chlorex concerntrate So I've just been making it up in a large bottle as needed.. Love the stuff!!! She had a relaxed night on the bed so something must be working as she slept with me but I think the source of the problem is our new lowchen boy who can be over bearing and licking her constantly, she won't go near him so it's a very sad time for him as well..

ATM she's IN the bed snuggled up at my feet having a snooze, will have to Unwrap her feet this morning give them a break and re wrap

The listerine that works does so because it contains chlorhexidine. Having said that, you may as well just buy a bottle of chlorhex.

I've found that Malaseb diluted 3mls to 100 of warm water, put in a sauce bottle, quirted on and massaged and then rinsed off the area with more works a treat. I usually treat the area at least twice a dog and make sure you dry it off with a clean towel or paper towel.

OH is taking her to work for a malaseb wash this week will just depend on when he has time there.. We already have a bottle of chlorex concerntrate So I've just been making it up in a large bottle as needed.. Love the stuff!!! She had a relaxed night on the bed so something must be working as she slept with me but I think the source of the problem is our new lowchen boy who can be over bearing and licking her constantly, she won't go near him so it's a very sad time for him as well..

ATM she's IN the bed snuggled up at my feet having a snooze, will have to Unwrap her feet this morning give them a break and re wrap

There's no need to wash the entire dog in Malaseb, it's dries out the coat and skin, just use it diluted and leave it on the particular area with the hot spot and towel it off, no need to rinse.

Malaseb used that way also works very well for localised pyoderma

Edited by Pav Lova

WOOO!!! We're healing and shes feeling good lol racing round the house.. naked though ended up taking it all off with a 40 as it was just getting too difficult to keep all he hair out of it!! but even though she looks a little strange Im happy shes healing well =) its all scabbed over, no pus,no weeping yay!!!

Maybe tomorrow after a tidy up oh is taking her to work for a soothing oatmeal bath to hydrate her skin again and get rid of the itches and a tidy up lol as we did a rough clip here at home... Atleast it won't take too long to dry her lmao.. Usually its 10-15 min on the blower vaccume with a slicker and another dryer on her head lol!!