Boarding Kennel Reccomendations?

Sares

I was happy with Calabash but recently I've been liaising with Abbotswood in Dural and it sounds like an excellent facility.

There is only one kennel in the Duffys Forest area that I could recommend and that is Woodcroft.

We have been happy with Abbotswood :)

We use John & Luci Ellem's kennels in Fifth Ave, Austral, SW Sydney. While not air-con (which you said you wanted), our dogs have been there in v hot summers and been absolutely fine. They dogs are all kept separately when inside, and are only excersised with their own house-mates in the yards each day. John and Luci have always been happy to give medications to our dogs, and are also happy to provide food or for you to bring your own.

Update: I did not like Hanrob when I visited the place so cancelled the booking. I have now booked my dogs into Akuna near Hunter Valley. I visited their kennels and it looked like a really good place. My dogs will not interact with any other dogs, but will have AC, bush walks and dam swims, plus they will feed the food I provide.

Just googled Akuna Odin Genie, it looks great. Love the fact that your dogs don't mix with others. They will feed your food. They get vet checked. You can select all different types of stays & levels of exercise etc. all apparnently with in their 10 acre property. Would love to hear how your guys go as I have to be hospitalised & will have a 6 week rehab,of doing nothing :( so looking for options for maybe a 2 week stay. It is worrying finding somewhere that will care for our loved ones in a similar way to the way we do.

Edited by BC Crazy

Just googled Akuna Odin Genie, it looks great. Love the fact that your dogs don't mix with others. They will feed your food. They get vet checked. You can select all different types of stays & levels of exercise etc. all apparnently with in their 10 acre property. Would love to hear how your guys go as I have to be hospitalised & will have a 6 week rehab,of doing nothing :( so looking for options for maybe a 2 week stay. It is worrying finding somewhere that will care for our loved ones in a similar way to the way we do.

Hi BC Crazy, my dogs will be there for a short stay on 28 Sept. I'll I've you an update when they are back home on 30th Sept. Good luck with your medical treatment.

Oh thanks OGenie, I would love to hear how your guys go. Mine have never stayed anywhere & still have huge reservations about boarding them. We wil see. I am on the hospital waiting list so it could be up to 12 month wait, just not sure how long. Thats the hard part I think as well. Thanks for your kind thoughts :)

I've very happily used calabash kennels in Arcadia.

me too :D

Calabash recommended - good sensible people

Don't they run multiple dogs together in a fenced area? When I visited hem to check out the place there were about 15 dogs in that area with one person supervising them.