Canon 7d Update

kja

Well I ended up updating mine, I wasn't going to do it but I am on the 7D facebook page and they all did it and had no problem, so I thought what the heck. Thing is I didnt know the camera well enough to now know what the changes are but I just figure its done.

I always remembered at the photography course I did the teacher said its always better to use a card reader rather than plug your whole camera into the computer, not sure why though. :confused:

I dont think it would be a hassle for the camera shop to upgrade for you, it was so easy, nothing to it really. I was expecting it to be really complicated! :laugh:

No no, I downloaded the software to my card then put it in the camera and upgraded that way.

I am always worried when I push the card into the reader that the little pins will bend, thats not a worry with an SD card.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I've downloaded it to my Mac, but need to go get a cf card reader. I only ever plug my camera straight to the computer but from what I see you can't do this for the upgrade.... Bummer!

I downloaded the update onto my computer, but can't run the file. I am running Mac OS X. My computer won't open the file (just the PDF on how to install it). :(

Going to talk to my techs at work tomorrow.

I thnk there may be instructions in the info to do it through the computer. Card reader would be easier.

I just did the new 2.0.3 update, hoe that's it for a while now, there was a few glitches with the 2.0 one Southey have ironed them out with a bit of luck. I didn't experience any of the things they mentioned but the update is easy so must thought I'd do it anyway.