Hello :) Long Time No Post Lol Have A Dilemma

Squidgy

I am not sure sheridan :(

I don't know if i can just sit back and watch her breed the death out of these dogs and just go on like nothing has changed.....

so yes I am probly going to have to say yes.... :(

I don't see her waiting until the bitch is 18months + either the accidental foxie litter was the girls first season...she could have aborted it but no kept the litter and needed a c section...

no talking sense into her.... and she abuses me everytime I try so..... she can do it all by herself :( I dont want a part in it..

I hate caring sometime because it hurts so much :(

You have my sympathy. It must be very hard for you. :(

Chances are they will get bored in no time at all, will destroy the yard and will become problem barkers - if so the neighbours will be her biggest issues before any chance of breeding them.

She has to learn the hard way unfortunately because she is not interested in listening to reason.

I am not sure sheridan :(

I don't know if i can just sit back and watch her breed the death out of these dogs and just go on like nothing has changed.....

so yes I am probly going to have to say yes.... :(

I don't see her waiting until the bitch is 18months + either the accidental foxie litter was the girls first season...she could have aborted it but no kept the litter and needed a c section...

no talking sense into her.... and she abuses me everytime I try so..... she can do it all by herself :( I dont want a part in it..

I hate caring sometime because it hurts so much :(

Can you scare her ? Point out that if even one puppy turns out to have a preventable disease she can be sued and lose everything?

Use the AWL proposal for registering ALL breeders and them having the right to seize her dogs as soon as she advertises them if she hasn't paid the breeders registration fee !

I would try and find out where she is getting the pup before anything else - maybe offer to go with her so you can help her make sure it is OK?

Is this the mother of the kid who wanted the cavoodle?

No I have 3 sisters, all of them who think I am a dog natzi :o

On a happier note though the beautiful staffy gentleman I rescued has stopped peeing on my couch since he recieved the snip which is an awesome thing , because I hated rousing on him because he has already had a tough life.

:)

I think I am going to try and talk about the AWL thing to her.

even thought I do not think they are going to succeed with this to be honest ( but she doesnt lol)

Edited by thundercat

There is a better than average chance that the red one could be deaf with a white face and ear as well as the blue eye. The black' one's dam also has excess white so another risk factor for deafness.

Huh??? Why would you assume a dog is deaf because it has white on it? There is also nothing genetically wrong with having a blue eye. One of the pups from our last litter has a white face and 1 blue eye and he is perfectly healthy. Plenty of dogs in the working lines that are almost all white yet they can hear perfectly fine. What a strange assumption for you to make.

I didn't assume it was deaf but said it had a better than average chance of being deaf. The reason the breed standard specifies no blue eyes and white must not predominate is because it does increase the risk of deafness but of course many dogs with blue eyes and excess white are not deaf. The biggest risk is if the ears are white inside and the red puppy in this thread appears to have a full white face and a complete white ear. Also the thread did mention she wanted to show them so they are totally unacceptable as show/breeding prospects due to the markings and eyes, apart from any conformation and type issues.

Thundercat, I wish you well with this but cannot see a happy ending for any of you or the dogs. Good on you for trying to set your sister right. As they say, you cannot choose your relatives.

There is a better than average chance that the red one could be deaf with a white face and ear as well as the blue eye. The black' one's dam also has excess white so another risk factor for deafness.

Huh??? Why would you assume a dog is deaf because it has white on it? There is also nothing genetically wrong with having a blue eye. One of the pups from our last litter has a white face and 1 blue eye and he is perfectly healthy. Plenty of dogs in the working lines that are almost all white yet they can hear perfectly fine. What a strange assumption for you to make.

I didn't assume it was deaf but said it had a better than average chance of being deaf. The reason the breed standard specifies no blue eyes and white must not predominate is because it does increase the risk of deafness but of course many dogs with blue eyes and excess white are not deaf. The biggest risk is if the ears are white inside and the red puppy in this thread appears to have a full white face and a complete white ear. Also the thread did mention she wanted to show them so they are totally unacceptable as show/breeding prospects due to the markings and eyes, apart from any conformation and type issues.

Thundercat, I wish you well with this but cannot see a happy ending for any of you or the dogs. Good on you for trying to set your sister right. As they say, you cannot choose your relatives.

Thanks xx :)