Queen's Corgis Attack Terrier

Chris the Rebel Wolf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should we admire them though? They have done nothing but be born into that family, and that family is only where it is through violence and oppression.

Why should that demand respect? What do they give back to their community?

They are parasites, leaching money from the tax payers and living a disgustingy lavish lifestyle....for what?

When did they do something that actually benefited anyone but themselves? Sincere question.....

They display an astonishing arrogance and indifference (unless a tv interview offers them the opportunity to gain some brownie points) towards the welfare of the very people their crumbling, defunct empire was (and, in some cases, still is) supposed to be protecting/in charge of.

Northern Ireland - needs no elaboration...

ETA: Not to mention Prince Phillip and his racist vitriol....good god.

I though they were involved in a fair bit of charity work not to mention the family members that serve in the armed forces. Also wouldn't it be the responsibility of the PM and other members of parliament to run the country not the queen. We don't blame the royals when Australia is going through tough times do we?

1346214099[/url]' post='5943124']
1346214049[/url]' post='5943122']
1346206571[/url]' post='5942996']
1346206469[/url]' post='5942994']
1346206259[/url]' post='5942990']

Good grief! How did this topic of naughty Corgis turn into slandering of the Royal Family?!

It isn't slander.

Yeah, good.

I think you don't know what slander is. Look it up.

I think you're petty and rather rude.

Because I said it wasn't slander? It isn't slander.

Why should we admire them though? They have done nothing but be born into that family, and that family is only where it is through violence and oppression.

They are parasites, leaching money from the tax payers and living a disgustingy lavish lifestyle....for what?

When did they do something that actually benefited anyone but themselves? Sincere question.....

They display an astonishing arrogance and indifference (unless a tv interview offers them the opportunity to gain some brownie points) towards the welfare of the very people their crumbling, defunct empire was (and, in some cases, still is) supposed to be protecting/in charge of.

I though they were involved in a fair bit of charity work not to mention the family members that serve in the armed forces. Also wouldn't it be the responsibility of the PM and other members of parliament to run the country not the queen. We don't blame the royals when Australia is going through tough times do we?

No we don't, because they have practically nothing to do with us and I'd bet we'll be rid of them soon enough anyway.

You are correct in that they really don't have the power they used to, and that is a good thing, but if you are interested do some research on the history of the British royal family, you may feel differently. You may not.

And as for charity, I bloody well hope they give something at least, they've been living off taxpayers money for years.

Exactly, never have to work a day in their lives, have servants to do everything for them, the sooner we become a Republic the better. :thumbsup:

No we don't, because they have practically nothing to do with us and I'd bet we'll be rid of them soon enough anyway.

You are correct in that they really don't have the power they used to, and that is a good thing, but if you are interested do some research on the history of the British royal family, you may feel differently. You may not.

And as for charity, I bloody well hope they give something at least, they've been living off taxpayers money for years.

Exactly, the Royals don't make the rules. Sure they live of of the tax payer, but look at the life time packages all of our MP's get, aside from welfare (those that use the system) its one of the biggest wastes of money for the country. It is of no benefit to the rest of us. I'm quite happy to keep old Queeny as head of the country... the thought of having Julia Gillard as president sends shivers down my spine :scared:

Oh dear, what a vitriolic diatribe.

I would suggest that if you have to ask what they do that benefits anyone else - that you look at the Princes Trust, which helps young people, plus the many other charities that all members of the Royal family are involved in, including many charities and organisations that help animals and the environment. Prince Charles used to be widely panned for his interest and involvement in organic farming and the preservation of the environment, until it became trendy that is.

As for Prince Phillip, perhaps you should digest part of a speech he made some time ago, a speech from someone who doesn't care huh?

"It took about three and a half billion years for life on earth to reach the state of complexity and diversity that our ancestors knew as recently as 200 years ago. It has only taken industrial and scientific man those 200 years to put at risk the whole of the world's natural system. It has been estimated that by the year 2000, some 300,000 species of plants and animals will have become extinct, and that the natural economy, upon which all life depends, will have been seriously disrupted.

The paradox is that this will have been achieved with the best possible intentions. The human population must be properly fed, human life must be preserved and human existence must be made safer and more comfortable. All these things are obviously highly desirable, but if their achievement means putting the survival of future generations at risk, then there is a pressing obligation on present generations to apply some measure of self-restraint."

Edited to add - the Royals do actually pay tax.

It does rather help to actually be informed as to the veracity of a statement before you utter it. :shrug:

Edited by skelp2

:laugh: The Queen agreed to start paying taxes in 1993.....but anyway.....

A couple of other quotes from Prince Phillip...

1. China State Visit, 1986

"If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed."

2. To a blind women with a guide

“Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?”

3. To an Aborigine in Australia

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”

But anyway, I'm bored of this now, everyone's got their own opinion hey :laugh:

Edited by Aussie3

"If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed."

“Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?”

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”

At least the man has a sense of humour, using an element of fact in the process.

Some Aboriginals are still throwing spears at each other, as evidenced in recent NT court cases.

As to the Royals paying taxes, by law they were exempt from paying tax, but voluntarily chose to do so.

A sense of humour? Are you actually serious? You don't think any of those statments are racist or offensive in the least?

Wow.

Anyway, that last comment is enough for me to bow out of this , I'm not arguing with someone who thinks the above statements are funny.

Edited by Aussie3

"If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed."

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"

"Do you still throw spears at each other?"

At least the man has a sense of humour, using an element of fact in the process.

Some Aboriginals are still throwing spears at each other, as evidenced in recent NT court cases.

As to the Royals paying taxes, by law they were exempt from paying tax, but voluntarily chose to do so.

Ouch, I don't find racist comments funny.

As to the last, they started 'voluntarily' paying taxes after an outcry by British taxpayers.

In 2011, the Queen's personal wealth (outside of any property, etc, she holds in trust for the nation - as if the nation has access to it ...) was $500 million.

Interesting article on the deliberate murkiness of royal finances.

"If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed."

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"

"Do you still throw spears at each other?"

Ouch, I don't find racist comments funny.

As to the last, they started 'voluntarily' paying taxes after an outcry by British taxpayers.

In 2011, the Queen's personal wealth (outside of any property, etc, she holds in trust for the nation - as if the nation has access to it ...) was $500 million.

Interesting article on the deliberate murkiness of royal finances.

An interesting source to substantiate your argument. :laugh: