Any News Adelaide Royal Judges?

skyehaven

I'm guessing a w people won't be coming from interstate now..

Long way and lot of money for someone who is not hugely involved in the Terrier Group with the exception of being a Secretary of a Staffy Club:

Colette judges all breeds and Groups at international level. She was approved as an

ALL BREEDS judge in November 2009. Colette was on The Judges Committee of

The Irish Kennel Club for many years,and has now been elected as a Director.

She and her husband have been involved with Show Dogs for nearly 40 years, they

have owned Rottweilers, Schnauzers,Samoyeds,German Spitz, Bichon Frise,

Yorkshire Terriers, and have had many Champions under the Windfall Prefix.

Colette is Secretary of an All Breed Championship Show also secretary of The

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club. She is President of The German Spitz, Bichon

Frise, Dogue De Bordeaux Clubs.

and Chairman of The Yorkshire Terrier Club. She has judged in Australia.

Breed (s) specialization:

Spitz, Bichons and Yorkshire Terriers

Countries judged in: Australia and most European Countries, Best in show at CACIB and All Breed Shows in 7 European Countries

Other cynological activities and position:

Member of Judges Committee IRISH KENNEL CLUB,

President of Bichon Frise/German Spitz Club.

Chairman of Yorkshire Terrier Cub.

Secretary of All Ireland Bull Breeds Champion Show.

Secretary of Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club.

Edited by Bohunt

The Dog Committee of the RA&HS are pleased to confirm the judges for this year’s Show following the late withdrawal of the previous judges Hans Lehtinen and Johann Juslin from Finland due to ill health.

Mrs Colette Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Breeder Team on the Day, Best in Show and Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr John Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Group 7, Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr G O’Shea (Sweden) Rottweiler and Breeds Group 5, 6 and 7

So The Swedish judge is doing grp 7 but the Irish judge is doing the Grp 7 Breeder team? IS that correct?

Wonder if they'll take late entries? Probably not.

BB

Edited by Blakbelgian

Up here the regulations say that if there is a change of judge you are entitled to a refund should you wish to. Doesn't mean you can enter others though, unfortunately. Maybe there is something similar in SA?

unfortunatly NO! they have already told a friend of mine there would be no refunds. Its not OUR fault the original judges canceled! :( Not happy!

So The Swedish judge is doing grp 7 but the Irish judge is doing the Grp 7 Breeder team? IS that correct?

the Swedish judge is only doing certain Breeds within Groups ... he's not doing any Group Specials.

you would have to look up the schedule to see who is judging what. I know that my breed in Group 7 was originally meant to have one of the Finish Judges..............kind of happy it's now Irish Judge.

The Dog Committee of the RA&HS are pleased to confirm the judges for this year’s Show following the late withdrawal of the previous judges Hans Lehtinen and Johann Juslin from Finland due to ill health.

Mrs Colette Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Breeder Team on the Day, Best in Show and Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr John Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Group 7, Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr G O’Shea (Sweden) Rottweiler and Breeds Group 5, 6 and 7

Wonder if they'll take late entries? Probably not.

BB

COUGH, COUGH, COUGH LATE ENTRY!!! hello!!! the entries closed in June! the Royal is NEXT WEEK! how many Royal Shows do you know where they will accept late entries the week before the show begins, when the Catalogue has already been done and numbers sent out!

GET REAL!

i heard along time before these judges cancelled that they wanted to pull out due to a better offer else where and i didnt suprise me when a "health issue" was announced. sounds very suspicious to me .....?

I've heard on the grapevine that they have done this before! NOT good!

Why would there be refunds? Don't we always enter with the knowledge that reserve judges may be appointed when necessary? I am fairly sure that in any other show if the judge didn't turn up for what ever reason and a reserve appointed you would not be given a chance at a refund either.

Disappointing I know when Royals are expensive and people plan to travel but not exactly the Show Societies fault either.

Ah well there you go, I honestly did not think that was the case at all as the schedule states may appoint a reserve.

I know with performance sports that I am involved with the 2 times in different sports that it has happened it was not offerred. The exception was at an agility trial if people already had passes under that judge and needed to gain a pass under someone else for their title.

here is the applicable Vic regulation;

7.5.18 Where the Judge announced in a Schedule is changed, other than to the advertised emergency or

reserve judge, an exhibit affected by the change of Judge may be withdrawn prior to or on the day

by the owner after giving notice in writing of such intention to the Committee of the exhibition. Upon

written request lodged before commencement of the show the exhibitor shall be entitled to a refund

of entry fees.

No doubt different for each State....

here is the applicable Vic regulation;

7.5.18 Where the Judge announced in a Schedule is changed, other than to the advertised emergency or

reserve judge, an exhibit affected by the change of Judge may be withdrawn prior to or on the day

by the owner after giving notice in writing of such intention to the Committee of the exhibition. Upon

written request lodged before commencement of the show the exhibitor shall be entitled to a refund

of entry fees.

No doubt different for each State....

Not different in all states - in Qld if there is a change of judge the exhibitor has the right to withdraw their dogs and obtain a refund (less an administration fee) up to the time that the first class of their breed enters the ring to be judged.

However, Royals may be a different arrangement and I imagine they'd probably have their own rules in relation to withdrawing - if in doubt, ask.