Petfest 2012 - Furry, Feathery, Scaly Entertainment

Holroyd Council

We invite you to grab your leash and join us for Holroyd City Councils inaugural PetFest on Sunday 16 September 2012. This fun loving festival will be jam packed with entertainment, including a full day of amazing dog shows, free fun for the kids, fantastic reptile displays, a range of pet stalls, and much more.

DETAILS OF THE EVENT:

Admission: Gold coin donation, with all proceeds benefiting local rescue organisations.

When:Sunday 16 September 2012

Where: Holroyd Gardens (Corner of Pitt & Walpole Streets, Merrylands)

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:

-Pet celebrities Steve Austin, Dr Katrina Warren and Don Burke will grace the event.

-Pups can strike a pose in their doggie doo's at the pet costume competition or head over for the Kitty Korner Kompetiton to see pussy cats strutting their stuff.

-PetFest attendees can move their feet to the beat of the Holroyd City Band, which will give pet aficionado's something to howl about as they create the soundtrack for this tail wagging event.

-Fido loving folks can browse among loads of stalls boasting a range of merchandise and information.

-Pet owners are set to make a splash while scrubbing spots to have their pet washed at this scrumptious event.

-Kids will be sure to love the free pony rides, hands-on animal farm, and range of activities especially designed for their enjoyment.

So whether you’re into snails, scales, or wagging tails, want to have some fun in the sun, support a worthy cause, learn how to better care for your companion, or all of the above, PetFest is the event to attend. For more information visit www.holroyd.nsw.gov.au or phone 9840 9840.

Don Burke will grace the event.

Ooooh how fun! Wish I could be there!

Evil :laugh:

Sounds like a great event otherwise :thumbsup:

What they said :laugh: Might have to think about popping into this one I'm sure one of my pups would love an outing!

Hmmmm... Pickles went to the one last year... she enjoyed all the pats and meeting new people. She also confounded a few vets with her "special" way of walking (Pickles is disabled, but she doesn't mind)

Should I take Trouble the crazy blonde Labrador, or Zeddy the 13 year old Rottie/Pittie who would love a day out with mum... ???

T.

For once it doesn't clash with the Lugarno spring fair so Stevie and I might come along after all! I hope it's cooler than last time I went, the petting farm/zoo critters looked stressed, as did the microchipping staff in the tents.

• 2 weeks later...

Stevie and I hitched a ride with TD and had a lovely time meetings dogs and people! Amanda from LabraDOG rescue was very busy with her helpers and stall, and I put a few other faces to names including the wonderful K9angel!

There was a sad lonely looking bearded bloke running a stall. Between the pure breed St Bernard's and JRTs, and all the rescue groups, this character was peddling 'miniature budgies'. WTF?

There was a sad lonely looking bearded bloke running a stall. Between the pure breed St Bernard's and JRTs, and all the rescue groups, this character was peddling 'miniature budgies'. WTF?

Gave that particular man and his stall a large berth.

Gave that particular man and his stall a large berth.

I managed to see from quite a distance away that they appeared to be just as *cough* minature *cough* as some of the exceptionally well bred ones that I have seen. I guess its not just teacup dogs that the general public are after these days :confused: