Dog Worse After Seeing Chiro

Bjelkier

Hi guys

One of my dogs started limping on his front right leg recently and we were able to get him in to see the chiropractor on Wednesday.

He was out in the left hip and right shoulder. He was adjusted and given an anti-inflammatory and sent on his way. Apparently we didn't need to do anything special with him like crate rest or keeping him quiet, all that was said was that we should take him back next week for a check up.

We did make sure he was kept quiet however, he's only a young dog.

Two days later and he's still very lame and now the stiffness is in his back left leg as well and I've just noticed he's quite swollen in that area.

Has anyone ever had this issue after seeing a chiro before?

He' a 4 month old puppy and I'm very worried :(

Edited by Bjelkier

Hi guys

One of my dogs started limping on his front right leg recently and we were able to get him in to see the chiropractor on Wednesday.

He was out in the left hip and right shoulder. He was adjusted and given an anti-inflammatory and sent on his way. Apparently we didn't need to do anything special with him like crate rest or keeping him quiet, all that was said was that we should take him back next week for a check up.

Two days later and he's still very lame and now the stiffness is in his back left leg as well and I've just noticed he's quite swollen in that area.

I'd be asking for a revisit. Did Sandra see him?

Hi guys

No it wasn't Sandra

Hi guys

No it wasn't Sandra

I suggest you book him in to see her ASAP.

Hi guys

No it wasn't Sandra

I suggest you book him in to see her ASAP.

Thanks, I'll see when I can see her

Stress its urgent. Otherwise it coudl be a while.

Yeah, I will. Last time I tried to get in to see them I was told I had to wait close to two weeks.

Hence seeing the other person.

Do you know if they are open weekends?

Edited by Bjelkier

Stress its urgent. Otherwise it coudl be a while.

Yeah, I will. Last time I tried to get in to see them I was told I had to wait close to two weeks.

Hence seeing the other person.

Do you know if they are open weekends?

Saturdays but Sandra doesn't work every Saturday.

My girl was given motion sickness from a chiro putting her neck out. From that appointment onwards she had car sickness. Two weeks later I took her to a different chiro (for the same issue that hadn't been resolved) and he comments how badly her neck was out of alignment. Never spewed again after the 2nd chiro :mad

She was only young too.

Perhaps the adjustment shifted the tension to another area. I know when I personally dont get adjusted correctly I feel worse than before I went in. I'd just keep him crated until your next visit - save making soft tissue have to work incorrectly.

Edited by Inevitablue

I am always careful with chiro. While it has its place and I have used them, I would be wary about chiro on a such a young dog given growth plates are still so very soft and can be easily damaged.

Limping could also be all manner of things that chiro wont help - eg pano or ligament damage or OCD.

Definitely recommend seeing Sandra as soon as you can.

Poor pup .. I hope he doesn't have an infection or injury to bone ..both of which can be exacerbated by massage & 'adjustment'

My suggestion is, If you can ..get him to your vet tomorrow - get temperature checked , and swelling palpated /checked ..then, if there is no sign of infection or damage to joints etc .. by all means see the chiro again .

Hope he gets better very soon.

Edited by persephone

I always use the chiro first to pinpoint the exact sore spot and then if need be, I can tell the vet where it is. Unless they do a lot of greyhounds, most vets are not particularly good at diagnosing injuries, even if they are brilliant at everything else.