Litters Due November 2012

Monteba

We welcomed 6 little border terriers into the world today - 3 boys, 3 girls. Mother and puppies all doing well.

A very even litter, with all pups weighing 200-220g. However, this means mum was carrying 1.2kg of puppies, let along the weight of placentas and fluid... A lot of weight for a 6kg bitch!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep. final tally is 5 boys and 2 girls. that's an average litter for goldens and lovely for me as i live alone. i have a few friends who also breed goldens and their biches are from lines that have a lot of pups, and its common for them to have 13 or 14 pups!! no way i could deal with that!!

pomz , my house looks like a crime scene. jumped in and out of the whelping box and just shook her entire body. i have gunk in my hair, all over the walls, and I'm pretty sure the ceilings copped it too!

Edited by goldielover

:rofl:

Sorry to laugh BUT your description made me smile....

I have only ever deliverd Cavaliers and small dogs so I can imagine a Big Dog making more mess.

I suppose in one way all the cleaning you have to do will stop you being glued to the whelping box staring at you little bubs for a few hours....

Hope the cleaning goes well so we get to see some pics :D

yep. final tally is 5 boys and 2 girls. that's an average litter for goldens and lovely for me as i live alone. i have a few friends who also breed goldens and their biches are from lines that have a lot of pups, and its common for them to have 13 or 14 pups!! no way i could deal with that!!

pomz , my house looks like a crime scene. jumped in and out of the whelping box and just shook her entire body. i have gunk in my hair, all over the walls, and I'm pretty sure the ceilings popped it too!

lol Kadbury - it was a shocker!! It was like a dog hopping coming in from the water, and shaking everywhere, only it wasn't water - and not just once!! Several times, plus all the running around the kitchen/dining area sloshing gunk everywhere LOL. I've really never had a whelping like that. Sure the box, the bitch and the floor is a mess, but i don't generally have placenta hanging from my head :rofl:

Edited by goldielover

pomz , my house looks like a crime scene. jumped in and out of the whelping box and just shook her entire body. i have gunk in my hair, all over the walls, and I'm pretty sure the ceilings popped it too!

Congrats GL!!! RIP to the two little angels :(.

Wow - sooo... does that mean I can call on you to help whelp mine in a few weeks (hopefully!) since you are such a pro!!? hahaha!

lol Kadbury - it was a shocker!! It was like a dog hopping coming in from the water, and shaking everywhere, only it wasn't water - and not just once!! Several times, plus all the running around the kitchen/dining area sloshing gunk everywhere LOL. I've really never had a whelping like that. Sure the box, the bitch and the floor is a mess, but i don't generally have placenta hanging from my head :rofl:

hm placenta in the hair? could be a new fashion trend you started!

cologne: Eau De Whelp

Placental Hair pieces

Water Sac Tye-dye clothes

Yep, its a new thing often seen at dog shows and vets.....