Litters Due November 2012

Monteba

Well that's good to know Andisa. My last lot loved their tunnel too but it didn't love them dragging it around the concrete and pavers (they couldn't leave it on the grass where I put it - no!). Did it survive the rotties ok?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If her temps on average are in the high 37's then you want it down a degree. I have caught mine 99% of time mid-high 36 and that is "the drop". Generally it has been early morning for my girls and generally they have started active labour 12 hours later.

Edited by Aziah

Thanks Aziah for the info, I am taking her temp 3 times a day now..she is qetting quite swollen now and becoming very very sooky (which is unlike her)

The vet and myself are banking on whelping either Sunday night or Monday night

Thanks Aziah for the info, I am taking her temp 3 times a day now..she is qetting quite swollen now and becoming very very sooky (which is unlike her)

I'd also suggest taking it if you get up during the night....

I am home all day from tonight onwards, so will be on Ava watch until she has them..

Its so exciting, she is my very first pedigree show dog and technically the foundation to my own kennel :) She is a brilliant mother and has been very relaxed :)

The only thing is she is not eating much and has been so very fussy since at least the 5.5week mark, wont touch dry food at all, her usual dry food is Advance Active, when she wouldnt eat that I brought her Advance puppy, again no eating that. I then brought the Royal Canin Mum and Baby Dog formula and nope nose up at that aswell...so I went for the supermarket brands and tried Optimum puppy and Sentinel...no luck..

I mix it with raw meat, gravy, sardines, yoghurt, tried rice with roast chicken..nope :(

She even turned her nose up at Sirloin Steak !!!

So far the only thing that she will eat is Roast Chicken, so have been buying her one of those every night, at least she is eating something :)

I have also been giving her Nutigel so she has some sort of nutrients aswell..and have been giving her serves of warm water with Divetilec mixed in..

This dog is normally fanatical about food and will eat anything...so its very frustrating, I hate picky eaters! lol

My border terrier bitch, Clover, has been confirmed pregnant by ultrasound. Seemingly, SIX puppies! :thumbsup: We are stoked. We had a disappointing (though not disastrous) singleton litter from Clover last year, and having six puppies is just a magnificent thought.

Her due date is 10th of November. :)

10th is my birthday! :) Good luck with those.

I have the NZ girl that has come here to be mated & whelp (sister to Macen - the father of Chino and Phoenix)and she is looking very in whelp to Axle (my Sup Ch). Due the 22nd November.

The temperature doesn't gradually go down - it fluctuates, but once you get down to late 36, then usually it's within 24 hours after that, with the change in hormone levels

It can be so difficult with bitches who are fussy eaters during pregnancy!! My girl was a shocker last time, but this time has been much better. I also had one girl who would only eat chicken necks. I was so worried about her, but we ended up with 7 healthy babies!

I'd also suggest taking it if you get up during the night....

I just sent off a PM saying the same :)

I am home all day from tonight onwards, so will be on Ava watch until she has them..

Its so exciting, she is my very first pedigree show dog and technically the foundation to my own kennel :) She is a brilliant mother and has been very relaxed :)

The only thing is she is not eating much and has been so very fussy since at least the 5.5week mark, wont touch dry food at all, her usual dry food is Advance Active, when she wouldnt eat that I brought her Advance puppy, again no eating that. I then brought the Royal Canin Mum and Baby Dog formula and nope nose up at that aswell...so I went for the supermarket brands and tried Optimum puppy and Sentinel...no luck..

I mix it with raw meat, gravy, sardines, yoghurt, tried rice with roast chicken..nope :(

She even turned her nose up at Sirloin Steak !!!

So far the only thing that she will eat is Roast Chicken, so have been buying her one of those every night, at least she is eating something :)

I have also been giving her Nutigel so she has some sort of nutrients aswell..and have been giving her serves of warm water with Divetilec mixed in..

This dog is normally fanatical about food and will eat anything...so its very frustrating, I hate picky eaters! lol

I had one bitch who would only eat chicken wings from week 4 and would eat plenty of them! Have you tried making an egg flip for her? Yoghurt, egg and honey and a little nutrigel mixed in IF she likes that.

I got told NO raw chicken as it can sometimes contain salmonella which the bitch can deal with, but can affect the puppies?

Oh I have also tried scrambled and fried eggs....dont think she is going to eat much of anything now, she should pop them out in the next few days, then I am sure she will be back to normal eating a day or so after that...looks like its just roast chicken on the menu at mine...lol

Here are a couple of photos of Alera at 5 weeks.

8147102427_e475735bf7_z.jpg

8147095839_d2661238b8_z.jpg

She has been off her dry food for the last week. If I mix tinned sardines in with it she will hover it down. She will also eat any type of meat given to her.

Edited by Evolving

I am so glad I don't have a fussy eater. In fact my husband commented the other day he has never seen her eat so manically. Normally she eats her dinner but is not silly about it, right now she is madly inhaling anything put down for her and often looking for food which is unlike her. Things like going and sitting near the food cupboard anytime I move. She is never a picky eater but is also not a dog that would just keep eating as much food as you put out for her (unlike Piper who would eat until she couldn't move if I let her) and I am usually working to keep weight on her so it is interesting that she is so crazy for her food right now.

Here are a couple of photos of Alera at 5 weeks.

8147102427_e475735bf7_z.jpg

8147095839_d2661238b8_z.jpg

She has been off her dry food for the last week. If I mix tinned sardines in with it she will hover it down. She will also eat any type of meat given to her.

gorgeous dog!!!

This evening we had a drop down to 36.8

nothing else really, she started panting but has now curled up and gone to sleep........ I should do the same I think lol...

an hour after her temp drop it was normal at 37.7

I might read out a text book on whelping to her, this is her first and Id like to know the signs thank you very much, shes shown NO desire to nest, hardly any digging, (a few scratches and that was it) the only thing that makes me pretty sure shes closish is that she has now started following me everywhere, whereas she was happy to be left in the lounge, she will follow me around the house.

And she cant get up the steps, i have to carry her up when she goes out LOL...