Pedigree Papers

Finn!

Just wondering how long they usually take to come through, I definantly paid for them with Finn. It's just been so long now I'm starting to wonder whether I'll get them or not.... :(

How long has it been, and have you called the breeder to ask?

It's been about a month and a half and I've rang twice already. The breeder told me that they were registering them after the Brisbane Royal Show. Just wanted to know how long everyone waited for theirs?

When was the Brisbane Royal? I waited over 2 months with my first pup, but then my second pup they were ready when the pup was around 6 weeks old. Just depends when the breeder lodges all the paperwork.

I have a few friends with pedigree dogs and it is no uncommon to have to wait 3-4months for the papers sometimes. Breeders are busy people and is the registry :)

I know Qld can be slow due to their odd way of registering the puppies into the buyers name but in NSW no one should have to wait that long. In NSW they should be registered as soon as they are microchipped, it can be done online and you have the option to pay express to get the papers back in days. If you don't use express it can be up to 4 weeks. If you can physically get to the office in NSW and pay express you get the papers in your hand in an hour.

My puppy registrations are usually back within the week from Dogs Queensland.

My pups title was back within the week.

I would ring Dogs Queensland and ask if the litter has been registered. You will need your pups date of birth and any other relevent information with you. :)

I have a few friends with pedigree dogs and it is no uncommon to have to wait 3-4months for the papers sometimes. Breeders are busy people and is the registry :)

I know Qld can be slow due to their odd way of registering the puppies into the buyers name but in NSW no one should have to wait that long. In NSW they should be registered as soon as they are microchipped, it can be done online and you have the option to pay express to get the papers back in days. If you don't use express it can be up to 4 weeks. If you can physically get to the office in NSW and pay express you get the papers in your hand in an hour.

They don't have to be registered straight away and breeders have 18 months to register a litter in NSW

QLD they have 12 months ( last time I checked ) and they can register straight into the new owners names, so they may not register until the last puppy is sold/rehomed.

All of the litter has to be registered at the same time. If your breeder gave you the option of chosing the registered name (the bit after the kennel prefix), sometimes people get really indecisive and the breeder can't register until everyone has made up their mind. It happened to us - we knew exactly what name we wanted but someone else dithered. It took months to get the papers back.

Edited by espinay2

Darn phone...what I said was some breeders may not register till at least 8 weeks after the assess puppies, particularly if they are doing 'puppy puzzle' style assessments. They may not have decided which pup is going where (and whether it will be main or limited ) until then. As microchip info has to be on the Regis they can't register till they have made these final selections.

It's been about a month and a half and I've rang twice already. The breeder told me that they were registering them after the Brisbane Royal Show. Just wanted to know how long everyone waited for theirs?

When was the Brisbane Royal? I waited over 2 months with my first pup, but then my second pup they were ready when the pup was around 6 weeks old. Just depends when the breeder lodges all the paperwork.

Brisbane Royal finished on the 18th Aug.

Darn phone...what I said was some breeders may not register till at least 8 weeks after the assess puppies, particularly if they are doing 'puppy puzzle' style assessments. They may not have decided which pup is going where (and whether it will be main or limited ) until then. As microchip info has to be on the Regis they can't register till they have made these final selections.

Most breeders I know don't register until 8 weeks but have to express process them to get their numbers to enter baby puppies in shows. Not quite so urgent with Ozentries online but before that you had to have the reg numbers 4 weeks in advance of their puppy show debut at 3 months.

I supppose this is one added incentive to buy from show breeders who need the papers for whatever they are keeping urgently.

Edited by dancinbcs