Mum And Kittens In Griffith

And kitten season has begun!...........

Have just been alerted to two mother cats dumped heavily pregnant in Griffith that have just given birth each to a litter.

There were also 5 orphaned baby kittens found under a house recently nearby also apparently by a dog (I pressume someone checked whether there was a mum around for a while first) that one of the mums is also nursing (as well as her own brood).

1 mum is tabby & white and the other is a torti. There are 7 tabby kittens & 7 ginger & white.

Obviously each mum and her brood need a rescue spot (including the five additional bubs with one mum).

They are currently in temp care only in Griffith and can get to Wagga (and onwards to Yass/Canberra or any other direction via other transport paths) if someone can help.

If you can help, please let me know asap. These mumma cats and kittens are safe with WAR.

However there is now another mum and kittens needing help that has been dumped in Griffith:

"The kittens are about 3 to 4 weeks, and apparently very pretty - they are smokey grey & white & ginger & white. The mum is a smokey grey torti"They all sound stunning. Have asked for numbers.

IF you can help, let me know asap please ....they can be gotten to Wagga and onwards as needed

Edited by Just Andrea

Oh god...

We just took a mum from Wagga pound who just gave birth plus the other mum from Griffith and have a few other mums n bubs.

Ill ask Simone and our carers if we can possibly fit any in but will be filling up very quickly.

Kitten season officially started now. This takes our total to 6 mums with young bubs plus one heavily pregnant at wagga pound that we will take. We have recruited a few new carers for them which is great though :)

Does kitten season ever sto these days?

Will look into what's required. No time or really cash for the job but a huge crate and lots of love.

This year it actually did stop for a bit. For the last 2 months maybe more there has almost been a shortage of kittens lol in all wagga rescues and even others in NSW. It's been good as more adults (+6months) are being adopted.

Yes it was so nice and quiet around here for awhile! I enjoyed having to say, "sorry, we have no kittens but check back in a few weeks - kitten season's about to start", LOL. We've just taken in a mum with 4-day old babies and her daughter from another litter who is heavily pregnant too, because their owner is going into a nursing home. The two queens are co-parenting the kittens, so we are keeping them together at the same carer's.

There is now another mum and kittens needing help that has been dumped in Griffith:

"The kittens are about 3 to 4 weeks, and apparently very pretty - they are smokey grey & white & ginger & white. The mum is a smokey grey torti"

They all sound stunning. Have asked for numbers.

IF you can help, let me know asap please ....they can be gotten to Wagga and onwards as needed

There is now another mum and kittens needing help that has been dumped in Griffith:

"The kittens are about 3 to 4 weeks, and apparently very pretty - they are smokey grey & white & ginger & white. The mum is a smokey grey torti"

They all sound stunning. Have asked for numbers.

Hi Andrea,

WAR can take them if still needed, give Simone a call. :)