Southern Cross Kennel Club?

doggydoodoo

Perhaps the organisers/workers have other committment that need to be met and this is the time frame that works for them. Exhibitors in many cases seem to think that the workers should work on the exhibitors time frame instead of the other way around.

It can be confusing when there are two other All Breeds shows on in Victoria the same day with different closing dates. Hopefully all clubs get a good entry.

I think you will find that the Show secretary is a school teacher and it is convenient to process entries during the holidays, which we have done ourselves when Show secretary for our breeds national. The closing date was clearly published on the schedule.

I have been guilty of sending entries too late but realize the club officials are volunteers and are entitled to close the entries any time after the published date. Anyone who has been involved in organising a show know how much work it is.

I have been guilty of sending entries too late but realize the club officials are volunteers and are entitled to close the entries any time after the published date. Anyone who has been involved in organising a show know how much work it is.

Its a pity they closed so early. I know 3 people who entered and had there entries returned and the club lost about $250.00 in entries

Its a pity they closed so early. I know 3 people who entered and had there entries returned and the club lost about $250.00 in entries

With all due respect and I know some will shout at me for this BUT I honestly beoieve it is time more entries closed on time. One either makes a decision to enter or not on the information they have to hand at the time entries close. If they do not know work rosters or other factors by then so be it, that is a show you miss. Clubs may miss out on some entries but the workers are probably spared that in grief. It is not as though there is a very few shows to attend if one weekend is missed there is always another - at least in Victoria. JMO

Edited by Airedaler

Bravo to the club, maybe people will stop being so selfish and actually adhere to the closing date which is clearly published.

I would have been one of those inconsiderate people, sending entries late for this show. Printed my entries, stamped the envelope, etc and then noticed instead of a week before usual closing time, I would be sending a week late. Rescued the stamps and used the paper to start my fire :)

If some take entries posted late, well that clubs' choice. As is closing early or extending entries. I am a bit puzzled why there is the late entry lecture to be honest. People should only be concerned if they did the right thing. The kennel clubs decide what will accept and what they won't. We get our return numbers, our dogs are catalogued and they don't come marked as accepted late so I can't see the point of a fellow exhibitor vent.

If you are venting as a secretary. Simple. Show them in the return envelope and send them back. You miss an entry once, you won't be late again. At least not for that show.