Itchy Poodle

Charjas

I know they don't. It's actually called something else. Couldn't remember right term when I posted but it was large and something was making him sick and no energy. He's so much better and actually playing more which makes me think he was sickly for months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they don't. It's actually called something else. Couldn't remember right term when I posted but it was large and something was making him sick and no energy. He's so much better and actually playing more which makes me think he was sickly for months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A cecum ???

Amazing all the stringent/harsh chemicals which are contained in the products that the general layperson spends a fortune on in attempts to help their itchy, irritated dogs .... without realising that they may be inadvertently contributing to the original symptom issue. And so they then go and spend more money on the same products, thinking the worsening problem needs more help from those same products. Not their fault. Vet's could do better to inform and stock really good products they KNOW are free of such harmful agents - that would be a great start.

There sure is! When I first started I was astounded by how many harsh and outright dangerous chemicals are used in cosmetics. Of course there are scaremongers out there that say everything is bad, but if you do a little reading you'll start to know what to avoid, not only for pets but humans as well.

This has been going on a long time.

The reality is that dog shampoos are really about what owners want and what is best for them not what is best for the dogs.

The more you can avoid it - any of it but especially the ones with the harsh chemicals - the better.

Skin conditions are always about the immune system and you can muck around and treat the symptoms,isolate and take away the stimulus and give some relief but your focus needs to be on what else is going on.

So many things can impact and some of it is sometimes set up even before the dog is born.

If you can try what Ive suggested in the PM for 4 weeks with the internal and external Aloe but also stop shampooing and use Calendula Tea - make sure its Calendula Flowers and not just the petals - feed the spent flowers after making the tea to the dogs and re assess after that 4 week period you should see a difference.

I've started with aloe juice. Put gel on legs yesterday but had to get them both washed today as after being minded where there were 2 other dogs they were very smelly. Got a mobile washer and she used ALLOVEEN aloe Vera. When you say feed the calendula flowers , after they've steeped?? I can't imagine he would eat them?? Also I'll put the gel on but I'm too scared to take the sock or the collar off. As soon as I do he starts sniffing and licking that foot. It's a light pink now but until I see some hair I'm too worried. He gets under my bed and has a good old lick. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Charjas

This has been going on a long time.

The reality is that dog shampoos are really about what owners want and what is best for them not what is best for the dogs.

The more you can avoid it - any of it but especially the ones with the harsh chemicals - the better.

Skin conditions are always about the immune system and you can muck around and treat the symptoms,isolate and take away the stimulus and give some relief but your focus needs to be on what else is going on.

So many things can impact and some of it is sometimes set up even before the dog is born.

If you can try what Ive suggested in the PM for 4 weeks with the internal and external Aloe but also stop shampooing and use Calendula Tea - make sure its Calendula Flowers and not just the petals - feed the spent flowers after making the tea to the dogs and re assess after that 4 week period you should see a difference.

Edited by essentialdog

I've started with aloe juice. Put gel on legs yesterday but had to get them both washed today as after being minded where there were 2 other dogs they were very smelly. Got a mobile washer and she used ALLOVEEN aloe Vera. When you say feed the calendula flowers , after they've steeped?? I can't imagine he would eat them?? Also I'll put the gel on but I'm too scared to take the sock or the collar off. As soon as I do he starts sniffing and licking that foot. It's a light pink now but until I see some hair I'm too worried. He gets under my bed and has a good old lick. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The dogs don't seem to have a problem eating the spent flowers if you add it into some other food. So leave the sock and the collar on for now until you see some good results.

I mix spent calendula tea with my dog's roo mince (along with any surplus juice) and it doesn't stop his enthusiasm. He tends to spit the base of the flower (what do you call it, Steve?) that stays in a bit of a lump, but I just break that up a bit and it goes with every thing else.