Neighbour Rant

Squidgy

If your Aunt is in public housing and is being harassed, then she has every right to ask to be moved.

Sad thing is though if she's a single person in a house, then they might want to move her to a flat. :(

A strong possibility..or share.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother has rang them for her, because she rang her crying on the phone terrified for her dogs... yes My uncle used to serve in the forces so thanks for that recommendation.

I understand that people are allowed to dislike dogs and I understand that she doesn't own her land. What I mean by private is that it is only her and another person in the street that live in public housing, they have sold the rest off and she is the second last one left.

The police say that it is her word against theirs basically. And that they have a right to hate animals etc etc and she needs to be more understanding to their beliefs and consider getting rid of the dogs if that is what it will take to calm the situation down. They have made up so many lies, saying that the dogs have jumped the fence, I would love to know how they jumped 6ft colorbond fences!!!

have attacked their children :rofl: sorry have to laugh as if these dogs attacked someone it would be reported .morons..... I just don't know how long she has left as she is not well either, and these idiots are making her life hell. They have even called the RSPCA saying the dogs are neglected :/ as I have said to them myself, so what is it make up your mind? they are neglected , they are dangerous what is seriously!!!! I don't know what I will do if she ends up dying over the stress :(

:eek: What sort of response is that? This lady is just trying to live quietly with her dogs and is not bothering anybody. It is disgraceful for an elderly lady to be subjected to that and to be told to get rid of the dogs to appease others cultural beliefs in her own community. That is just not acceptable.

I suggest she contact her local member and complain. Perhaps they can arrange a representative of the culture concerned to speak to these people about tolerance.

I agree. It is disgusting that the police would suggest this. It is legal to own dogs. It is illegal to harrasss other people.

1349760327[/url]' post='5980563']
1349759107[/url]' post='5980547']
1349749898[/url]' post='5980378']

My mother has rang them for her, because she rang her crying on the phone terrified for her dogs... yes My uncle used to serve in the forces so thanks for that recommendation.

I understand that people are allowed to dislike dogs and I understand that she doesn't own her land. What I mean by private is that it is only her and another person in the street that live in public housing, they have sold the rest off and she is the second last one left.

The police say that it is her word against theirs basically. And that they have a right to hate animals etc etc and she needs to be more understanding to their beliefs and consider getting rid of the dogs if that is what it will take to calm the situation down. They have made up so many lies, saying that the dogs have jumped the fence, I would love to know how they jumped 6ft colorbond fences!!!

have attacked their children :rofl: sorry have to laugh as if these dogs attacked someone it would be reported .morons..... I just don't know how long she has left as she is not well either, and these idiots are making her life hell. They have even called the RSPCA saying the dogs are neglected :/ as I have said to them myself, so what is it make up your mind? they are neglected , they are dangerous what is seriously!!!! I don't know what I will do if she ends up dying over the stress :(

:eek: What sort of response is that? This lady is just trying to live quietly with her dogs and is not bothering anybody. It is disgraceful for an elderly lady to be subjected to that and to be told to get rid of the dogs to appease others cultural beliefs in her own community. That is just not acceptable.

I suggest she contact her local member and complain. Perhaps they can arrange a representative of the culture concerned to speak to these people about tolerance.

I would still be contacting the Police and asking for these incidences to be recorded........also alot can depend on which Officer you talk to.

Don't know if it would be worthwhile trying to speak to a different officer? That's it a pretty poor response.

That is something I would totally agree with.

These people's attitudes can and do change and can change quite quickly given the right support. Seen it personally.