Where Can I Buy Dog Pants From In Melb?

ChiggenWingz

I've found various online stores that sell dog pants, but I'm looking for any local stores in Melbourne (or if anyone knows one in Canberra) where I can buy some pants for my girl. Want to try them on before purchasing.

Looking to get pants to help with when she comes into season to prevent mating, and also if she needs to wear it when going to places that require no dog peeing/pooping.

Be cautious re your expectations for these ....

to help with when she comes into season to prevent mating,

no .... I don't think they will do this reliably . AFAIK they are there to help stop the little drips which may happen when bitch is in season /incontinence ...or maybe to stop excess licking ?

They may give you a minute or so to scoop up your dog ....

Total Confinement , toileting only under strict supervision at home, and not going anywhere there are other dogs, will :)

also if she needs to wear it when going to places that require no dog peeing/pooping.

Not a bad idea to use temporarily ,while you train her to only toilet- on -command :) This is SUCH a useful thing to do!! Guide dogs and assistance dogs are often in areas where toileting is a no-no ... so they are taken to small allowed areas and given permission to toilet - a pickup is done ...and everyone is happy !

:o I would be embarrassed walking a dog in pants .... toilet -on-command is much less obvious :)

Edited by persephone

WARNING...they are not designed to prevent mating (and wont)....only to protect your furniture.

The bitches tend to push them aside in an attempt to clean themselves. I have used them but recently didn't bother as I realised they restricted the bitch from keeping herself clean!

They won't stop peeing and pooing either as they use a small panty liner piece and the tail hole allows for most poos to pass (yes, at 4.00 am you forget they are on. :eek:

Edited by LizT

Also already mentioned they are designed to keep blood off furniture or carpets ,there not designed for any off the other things mentioned .

Most dogs dislike wearing them anyway .

To avoid matings it s all about keeping the bitch securely away until her season has finished .

So back to the question :p

Anyone know of any stores in Melbourne that sell any sort of pants?

Petstock.

Also...http://www.onlinepetwarehouse.com.au/Latest-Dog-Products/Health-and-Wellbeing/dog-diapers.html

Edited by LizT

I used disposable newborn baby nappies with a small hole cut for tail and anal area,easily adjusted for size of dog, did the job nicely in keeping mess off carpet bedding etc, and as I started training bitch to get her use to having them on she had no problem accepting them just like her hair/ear wraps.

You can get the cheap brands from Aldi or similar low cost stores.